Now This Really SUX

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Claude_Ballz

Ballz-Like
Jan 17, 2000
Visit site
Just when I finally got my new GeForce GTS all tweaked out to hell just to be able to run UT, now I've got this freaky lag problem !! I ping games, and usually a good ping for me is 45-60 (cable), I get in the game, play for about a minute and I get all lagged out ... not frozen or anything ... I can still move about ... and after a minute or two of this crap, I get the "Connection Failed" screen. Keep in mind, this is going on while, after pressing F1, I'm still showing a 40-50 PING IN GAME !!!! But the "telephone jack icon is up in game. And what's so bad is last night I played online for two hours and no problems at all. What gives? I tried the patches from Speedguide - no help. I am running a firewall, but that was never a prob before. I did used to have a Voodoo3 3000.
My current rig:
WIN ME
PIII 800
ASUS CUSL Solano m/b
256Mb PC133 RAM
GeForce2 GTS 32Mb
Soundblaster Live Value
Intel NIC
I swear, I never thought I'd say this, but I may have to go back to Q3 ... and that's a shame because I friggin' LOVE UT!
I hope someone can help.
Thanx in advance!!

:redeemer:

Xadhoom

Sleping at this Forum
Nov 29, 2000
Husum, Sweden
www.geocities.com
Hey Claude_Ballz if you find a solution to this problem can you drop a note?

I have the same prob :(
im using the internet sharing from win98SE while playing (dont have direct access to internet from my comp)

Claude_Ballz

Ballz-Like
Jan 17, 2000
Visit site
Sure Xad, I went to the link Vikibg posted and tried a few of the network tweaks. I especially like the netstat ... that was a new one on me. since I have cable, i set my netstat max to 20000. everything seems to be fine (keeping my fingers crossed though)

iceman11

Novice
Jan 31, 2001
Ottawa, ON CANADA
Visit site
Probably WinME

I don't know this first hand, but I've heard that this could be related to the Windows ME upgrade. Have you tried uninstalling the ME back to Win98 using that new "feature"? What were your speeds under 95/98?