Demo Playback Problems

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SamD

Hooker with a penis
Nov 1, 2000
Brooklyn
I'm able to play back some demos, but when I recentry tried to play a few new ones, UT just accepted the line "demoplay xxxxxx" without any response. Also when I tried to play back another demo, it just said "Connecting" for what seems to be the length of the demo.

does anyone know what could be causing this?

Zaphrod

President of the Universe
Sep 27, 2000
Betelgeuse V
Visit site
If the demos were recorded in a game that used playermodels or mods or any other patch that added something you dont have then it will try to downlaod them but it doesnt know where from so it just says "connecting" but never can.

XeneX

Volatile
Aug 21, 2000
Swindon, Wiltshire
All of the most recent versions of CSHP. Version CSHP4d and after i think dont allow the playback of demos.
They can be recorded but hang after the demoplay command is issued.

SamD

Hooker with a penis
Nov 1, 2000
Brooklyn
i'm pretty sure the server had cshp4. that explains it. thanks

-----------<edit>----------
well it was running cshp4L.
i looked into how to solve this problem and found out that i need to back up my cache folder so that when i play them back the cache is exactly the same as it was when the demo was recorded.. :eek:
needless to say i don't back up my folder, is there any other way to get it to work?
Thanks

Last edited: