ONS-Maestrom: Onslaught Reborn

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
ONS-Maelstrom: Onslaught Reborn... sounds kinda pretentious, right? Well, it's actually a pretty good description as the layout and a small bit of script really change the way that ONS is played - and I like it! Check out the release thread for more info and the all-important links!
Onslaught, reborn. Maelstrom features 23 intermediate nodes between the two cores. Each node constructs twice as fast as normal nodes, but are destroyed twice as fast as well. This change, coupled with the amount of nodes results in massive alterations to gameplay mechanics. ONS-Maelstrom is like no other map made - it is a new kind of Onslaught.

eliot

Jul 12, 2005
very nice map but very many nodes this map may need to be played with 32 people and will for sure take long to finish :p

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
I like the idea of using the node reconfigurer thing and making all the nodes connect in one big line.

Damn, now I gotta download this just to try that.

[C]HùñtêR|PuF

Feb 1, 2000
Visit site
eliot said:
very nice map but very many nodes this map may need to be played with 32 people and will for sure take long to finish :p

not when the nodes construct and destroy twice as fast!#^@$&@$&$

thats the point of the map :lol:

oh i left music out because of the ridiculous amount of sounds blaring in one's ears at all times when playing it. i'll probably put music in for the no vehicles version 8)

Last edited by a moderator:

Bang_Doll

Freebasing Anime Chicks Since '96
Aug 10, 2005
hha3.netfirms.com
Yeah, but them getting destroyed twice as fast will easily shunt any offensive maneuvers at the core. The core will get locked very easily when any node in the attacker's chain is destroyed. It'll probably take a long long time to win, unless you're in an incredibly highly-coordinated team or something.

Nevertheless, this may be the first ONS map I will be interested in, and have to check out.

(Satan must be cold.)

U

Unregistered

When I first saw this map, I was like OMG! It was on a T32 server with very few players and it played very well. Lots of vehicles, weapons, you never run short on these. Maybe the power cores could use ion cannons on the top of those towers, but hehe.
Good job!

Bazzi

Wearing pink
Apr 22, 2001
Germany
www.bazzinet.info
Bang_Doll said:
Yeah, but them getting destroyed twice as fast will easily shunt any offensive maneuvers at the core. The core will get locked very easily when any node in the attacker's chain is destroyed. It'll probably take a long long time to win, unless you're in an incredibly highly-coordinated team or something.

Nevertheless, this may be the first ONS map I will be interested in, and have to check out.

(Satan must be cold.)

There are 3 which can connect to the core, so this shouldnt be more a problem than regular ONS where you often just have 1 [heavily defended]...

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Sounds cool! How do the bots play this one compared to regular ONS? same, better or worse? My first impression would be worse, but you never know.