RA politics and other nonsense

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Apr 2, 2001
Frankfurt/ Germany
Visit site
jayhova said:
The thing is unlike the changes in RA it is all but impossible IMHO to argue against a realistic hit location system. Again a weapon that shoots where you point it, an improved shotgun, who is gonna complain about that?

I don't argue that the feature itself is pretty nice. It is only that it effects the whole package roughly described as ballance (I know some don't give a rats ass here).

As I mentioned already, new hit detection makes no AP weapons even weaker... so they need to undergo further tweaks as well.

In the end we might have two parrallel INF worlds (again), already the 40mm stuff makes it damn hard to use 'em effectively when you are used to the 'other' system. So swaping between vanilla and RaV3 (+additional hardcore realism muties) all the time is not much fun ...

We simply don't have the playerbase for two incompatible gamestyles. And with all those new muties INF is more like a toolbox than a newby friendly game 'out of the box'...

In the ideal world Yurch would have joined SS 2 years ago and some of his new ideas were implemented into 2.9 already ;)

Last edited:

Rostam

PSN: Rostam_
May 1, 2001
Leiden, Holland
Shows how much you know :p

Yurch, do whatever you want to do. I think it's that simple. I can't stand TDM for more than a few minutes a day, or when I am testing weapons I can play it a bit longer. EAS I can play for longer, but if after I played some maps every day I get bored after a week with that too. DTAS keeps me busy for a while, too. Longer than EAS even. But eventually I just want to try something else.

Maybe there are more people out there like me, I don't know. But personally, I don't want too much repetition. So any and all muties that come out will be received with my open arms.

Alot of people I've spoken with said you would just split up the community again. But those people don't even know the people, have never played with the people that would play RAv3 when it's done. At the moment you already have a line between people playing TDM, and people playing on the GD / SG server (DTAS) at nights. RAv3 would never change that.

To me, it seems like you enjoy to create new things. With so many people that would love a new creation, and no one that really will be negatively affected by it, there really isn't a reason for the nonsense that some people repetingly say.

Apr 2, 2001
Frankfurt/ Germany
Visit site
I do know!

I know RaV2 influenced 2.9 a lot, also running speeds, no aim for sprint, loadout limit, aimview of M9 etc. but aparently Yurch couldn't bring his current Rav3 ideas into 2.9 that's what I was refering to...

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2001
Frankfurt/ Germany
Visit site
AFAIK there 'll be no 2.91 for UT99. So 2.9 is the end of the story on this engine.

Since I assume you refer to my 'In the ideal world' stuff...:

- I was just trying to end with something placative
- Yurch's work/ideas seem like a good reason to me to hire him
- If he was on the team and RaV3 approaches were vanilla 2.9 already there would be no 'split community discussion'

so what I said made kind of sense to me... that's sometimes enough ;)

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
About INF not having the player base to support two totally different games... that BS for me. You dont create a game for the player base... you create the game, the see if you can build up a player base. If not, then bleh!

That's what happened with RAv2... e.g. I left INF a few years back because I was tired of it not being what I was looking for. When, out of curiosity, I came back, RAv2 got me back into the game. I would never have come back until 2.9.

Now, for RAv3., I'd say keep on going and don't worry about politics. It's mods like this that are keeping Infiltration alive. I still think very profondly that the only way to keep something like that alive in such a community are continuous little updates to give new little feature to the player, to make them discuss, to make them want more, to make the wait for more... to make them stay. The fact that groups are getting organized to develope new material for the games is telling a lot.

Personnaly I don't care if TDM player whine about not being able to get a single shot "OMG OMFG!!!!1111 HIT YOU 4 TIMES... THATS FUCKING BS! THIS HIT CYLINDER SUX. THAT MUT IS BS. I'M A DORK AND CAN'T UNDERSTAND THE WORD 'BETA'".

I want it to be realistic. I know that for me it's much easier to get a shot at anything in INF then in Real life. It might be because I'm a bad shot in real life... I only score 60/60 after all. If the guys with real life military experience are telling me that yurch's work is brinning INF to a new level of realism, I can only approve his work and ask him to continue.

Last edited: