UnrealTournament Extension Pack

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

FXD|Shadow

Mad Man, really
Oh sorry, nearly forgot about that.

- new Base Render to have additional basic render passes used for additional Rendering of new Sprites and later StaticMeshes, Shaders, Particles, Foliage
- new Sprite Render System (Coronas, Extended Sprites, Lensflares) with partial Unreal Engine 2 Texture Modifier Support (TexRotator, TexScaler etc. ... TexPanner in future Releases) + in-Editor Realtime Preview Support

- numerous new Native Functions for sdkObject / sdkActor
- overhauled sdkCanvas (some new Functions, some old simplified / optimized)

- minor fixes on the whole Source Code to get it working in newer Visual Studio C++ Versions (mainly switched to Visual Studio C++ 2008 due to unsolvable troubles with SSE 2 in VS C++ 6)
- minor improvements for the Dynamic Array and Multi Timer Support
- some new Unreal Script Features
- new LevelInfo Actor to handle new Actors in future releases (important: holds VehicleList, EmitterList, PostProcessList, GraphicsActorsList and such stuff)
- first time detailed documentation (some illustrated PDF documents)

- started work on Volume System, Post Processing System and Particle Engine
- basic concept / code for Render To Texture Support

Yeah that's it for this release as far as I can remember.
For the next release I mainly focus on the Post Processing System, improvements on the Sprite Render and Alpha Build of the C++ Particle Engine

//edit: May one of the Moderators change the thread title to "Unreal Tournament SDK" please? the old title is somewhat... out dated

Last edited:

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
This is a very great goal but I wish it would have been for UT2004 instead of UT99. It's just too old of a game for developing anything anymore.

FXD|Shadow

Mad Man, really
This is a very great goal but I wish it would have been for UT2004 instead of UT99.
These engine enhancements are impossible for UT2004, there're no public headers available.

It's just too old of a game for developing anything anymore.
One word: NOT.
That's why there're over 20 Mods still developed and increasing in number xD
Just because a woman get's into the thirties she's not automatically a faded beauty xD

Last edited:

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
I'm going to try this stuff on what I am working on. SDK probably has the things I exactly need, Thank you!

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Two questions:
1)Can't find 'intUsdkObjectexecrrange' in 'sdkCore.dll'. Can't open sdkEngine. Do I have to install the Development folder somewhere too?

2)Is PostProcessing available in this build?

FXD|Shadow

Mad Man, really
Two questions:
1)Can't find 'intUsdkObjectexecrrange' in 'sdkCore.dll'. Can't open sdkEngine. Do I have to install the Development folder somewhere too?

2)Is PostProcessing available in this build?
Damn what's that? I compiled everything right before the release... gonna check it out tomorrow. RRange is a function in sdkObject and lol it's back from Build 100 I wonder why it's missing it...

No Post Processing is not yet available.

//edit: ok, I've looked at the Source and RRange is completely defined and working:

in sdkObject.uc :

Code:
native static final function rotator RRange(rotator Max, rotator Min)

and in UnSDKObject.cpp :

Code:
//native static final function rotator RRange(rotator Max, rotator Min);
void UsdkObject::execRRange(FFrame &Stack, RESULT_DECL)
{
	guard(UsdkObject::execRRange);

P_GET_ROTATOR(A);
	P_GET_ROTATOR(B);
	P_FINISH;

*(FRotator*)Result = RRange(A,B);

unguard;
}
IMPLEMENT_FUNCTION(UsdkObject,-1,execRRange);

So I don't understand why you're getting that error...
Anybody else experiencing that ... bug?

Last edited:

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Oh wait wait wait.

It's working now. Apparently I forgot to add the EditPackages in the UnrealTournament.ini file goddamn I'm ****ing dumb

I can load the files now in the Editor.

FXD|Shadow

Mad Man, really
Oh ok... I'm reassured now, I really don't like if something is not working that I've done

Concerning the EditPackages thing... please read the documentation first. I've really focussed on making a detailed documentation starting with this version.

Glad it's working now for you.

FXD|Shadow

Mad Man, really
December Release of the Unreal Tournament SDK

Highlights

• introducing the new Post Processing System
  • Texture Projectors
  • extended LevelInfo System
  • debugged and improved Base Render
  • improved Sprite Rendering

Download: http://www.moddb.com/mods/utcommunitysdk/downloads/december-2010-utsdk-beta-build-172
Mirror [Mediafire.com]: UnrealTournamentSDK-2010-12-BETA.zip

Hotfix

Mirror 1 (ModDB): UnrealTournamentSDK-2010-12-BETA_Hotfix1.zip
Mirror 2 (Mediafire): UnrealTournamentSDK-2010-12-BETA_Hotfix1.zip

Last edited:

FXD|Shadow

Mad Man, really
September Beta Preview

New Features

• Vertex Sprite Rendering
  • Vertex Corona Rendering
  • Enhanced Unreal Mesh System
  • Static Mesh Support !
  • Unreal Enigma Particle Engine !
  • Vegetation Engine + Vegetation Editor !
  • Vector2D Support (Internal)

Fixes/Updates

• false native function identifiers in the IMPLEMENT_FUNCTION(OBJECT, ID, execNAME) macro of sdkObject.uc have been corrected
  • completed work on all LinkedLists of new LevelInfo, LinkedLists now fully work both in-Editor and ingame
  • in-Editor UNDO/REDO bug for all render actors removed
  • in-Editor UNDO/REDO Support for all render actors
  • improved Render Pass
  • all functions in UnSDKMath.h (sdkCore.dll) are inlines now (speed increase)

Screenshots

Last edited:

FXD|Shadow

Mad Man, really
UTSDK January 2012 Beta Release

Starting the new year for the SDK with a bunch of new features and improvements: The next new and fresh release of the Unreal Tournament Community SDK. In this month's release new Sprite/Texture Drawing and Blending Functions were introduced and the OpenGL Driver has been totally rewritten which improves performance and stability.

There're also a lot of bug fixesand new minor feature extensions for the Particle Engine and some neat new features like the first appearance of Beam Emitters. This release includes the bugfix of Build 300a fixing problems with Static Meshes. Last major new feature to name for this release is a completely new Interpolation System for the UnrealED, but see for yourself in the Changelog.

New Features

• added: new Texture/Sprite Rendering Functions
    - DrawSpinTile (draws a sprite that spins around it's center)
    - DrawAxisTile (like DrawSpinTile but with advanced axis settings, an axial sprite)
    - DrawStretchedTile (specialized for stretched textures, drawn between 2 individual points)
    - supports rotatable and stretachable Textures
    - Axis Sprite Rendering
    - STY_Modulated supports coloring!
    - A lot of new Texture Blending Styles (see below)

• added: new Texture Styles supported by Particles, Sprites, Canvas, BSP and Post Processing:
    - Blend_Brighten / Blend_Darken
    - Blend_SubtleBrighten / Blend_SubtleDarken
    - Blend_ModBrighten / Blend_NegativeDarken
    - Blend_Multiply
    - Blend_Negative
    - Blend_Inverted

• added: new Base Render Device „sdkRenderDevice"
  • added: Beam Emitter, easy to use for realistic and stunning graphics including features like:
    - Light Rays, Beams and other Light Effects
    - Lasers
    - Wireframe Support (Vertex, Line, Length)
    - Beam Noise, Tessellation, Axis Orientation

• added: Directional Beam Emitter, let's you create Light Beams/Rays that react realistically to the player's view
  • added: working LOD Support
    - LOD dependant smooth Emission Frequency and Particle Count change
    - additional LOD Settings like: NoDraw, NoUpdate etc.

• added: Vertex Emission, let's you emit particles at random vertices of a given mesh or brush
  • added: time based Particle Size Interpolation (similar to Color)
  • added: new Color Interpolation Modes: CTrans_Interpolate, CTrans_Switch
  • added: rotatable Particles for all Sprite-based Emitters
  • added: Axis Particles for all Sprite-based Emitters
  • added: new Interpolation System:
    - interpolated movement of any Actor (not only Player Classes)
    - supports smooth interpolated position
    - supports smooth interpolated rotation/direction
    - in-Editor statistics: connectivity between nodes, start/end node, orientation
    - in-Editor Preview, watch the interpolation sequence directly inside the Editor!

Fixes/Updates
  • updated: when the skin list of a Static Mesh is going empty (or some element(s)) the original mesh skins are restored and the mesh is retextured with them (Build 300a, Hotfix1)
  • updated: OpenGL Driver completely recoded on base of UT GLR 3.7: stable, high performance and new features (as stated above)
  • updated: removed sdkBaseEmitter.uc and moved all content to sdkEmitter.uc for clearness and rebuild ability reasons
  • updated: merged CTrans_Lerp, CTrans_Smerp and CTrans_Interpolate as CTrans_Interpolate, all
    these were too similar, uses Lerp formula (linear interpolation from A to B)
    updated: Particle Color List contains 16 elements now (not 8 anymore)
  • fixed: critical error when adding Static Mesh Actor to the map (strange I didn't notice that... the bug was caused by missmanaged skins (Build 300a, Hotfix1)
  • fixed: Actor Selection Bug, thanks to Dr.Flay again drawing attention on this bug
  • fixed: incorrect color transition between different and equal Particle Color Transition Modes (a short flicker of the previous color appeared before going to next color)
  • fixed: Wireframe Shape "SHAPE_Box" of Emitters is rendered correctly
  • fixed: Particle Texture Animation improved, fully working
  • fixed: Emitter Instant Preview Mode fully working

Media

Download

UTSDK January 2012 Beta (Build 335) - 28 MB @ ModDB
UTSDK January 2012 Beta (Build 335) - 28 MB @ Mediafire (Mirror1)

FXD|Shadow

Mad Man, really
UTSDK February 2012 Beta Release

So finally here it is. The next new and fresh release of the Unreal Tournament Community SDK. This month's release comes with a huge update for the Material System adding new Materials like TexRotators and TexEnvMaps! On the other hand I implemented a lot of the C++ rendering functionality on Unreal Script Level (native functions) and finally added full Quaternion Support.

More good news: I reimplemented Projectors and optimized them and fixed some rendering bugs concerning the new Blending Styles. There're also finally 2 read-to-use Example Packages (sdkSandbox and sdkSandboxMaterials) showing example content including Materials, Static Meshes, Projectors and Emitters.

New Features

• added: new Sprite Class „sdkQuad“ - a Sprite with free rotation and no camera alignment

• added: new Texture/Sprite Rendering Functions
    - DrawRotatedTile (a freely rotatable Texture Quad without camera alignment)
    - DrawBeamTile (specialized function for drawing texture beams and sparks)

• added: new Material Classes and Texture Modifiers
    - TexEnvMap
    - TexSphereMap
    - TexPanner / TexEmissivePanner
    - TexRotator / TexEmissiveRotator
    - TexScaler / TexEmissiveScaler
    - TexOscillator / TexEmissiveOscillator
    - Emissive Material
    - TexCombiner

• added: new Packages "sdkSandbox" and "sdkSandboxMaterials"with Tutorial, Test, Example Contents and Classes
    - ready-to-use Classes
    - Example Emitters and Particle Systems
    - Example Projectors
    - Example Materials
    - Example Static Meshes

• added: new Datatypes (C++ and Unreal Script)
    - ColorRange, a randomized color value
    - FloatRotator, a floating point rotator
    - Vector2DRel, a 2D vector with a relative scaler

• added: new Iterator Functions
    - CollidingActors – iterates through all colliding Actors (visible or not visible)
    - AllObjects – iterates through all objects in a level

• added: new Primitive/Sprite Rendering Functions (Unreal Script)
    - Draw3DArrow
    - Draw3DPlane
    - Draw3DFrustum
    - Draw3DBox
    - Draw3DSprite
    - Draw3DCorona

• added: Full Quaternion Support
    - uses FPlane struct, but operations inside functions equals real Quaternions
    - globally supported on Unreal Script Level
    - globally supported on C++ Level

• added: new Canvas Functions
    - DrawTile2 (like DrawTile, but supports new Blending)
    - DrawRotatedTile (draws a spinning texture tile)

• added: new Color Functions
    - ColorLerp, smooth linear Color Interpolation
    - ColorSmerp, smooth non-linear Color Interpolation
    - VectorToRGB, RGBToVector – conversion between vector (in 0.0/1.0 range) to color

• added: Color Sprite Preview for sdkLight

Fixes/Updates
  • updated: recoded and updated Material/Texture System

• updated: completely recoded Texture Projectors, merged Decal / Plane Projectors into one Class
    - supports new Texture Blendings (introduced Build 335)
    - U/V Scaling
    - U/V Tiling
    - Dynamic Color
    - Projection Fading
    - Projector → DynamicProjector → DistanceProjector → ShadowProjector
  • updated: all Texture drawing Canvas functions have been updated to support new Blending Styles

• updated: moved all Iterator Functions from sdkLevelInfo to sdkActor, static functions now (global)
  • updated: moved all Color Functions from sdkCanvas to sdkActor

• fixed: serious Render Bug when changing new Blending Styles (BSP changed blending too)
  • fixed: incorrect native function IDs in sdkActor.uc
  • fixed: internally corrected HLS to RGB color conversion (lensflares, coronas, lights, canvas)

Media

Download

UTSDK February 2012 Beta (Build 359) - 29 MB @ ModDB
UTSDK February 2012 Beta (Build 359) - 29 MB @ Mediafire (Mirror1)

Last edited:

DarkSonny

Beware!
Apr 8, 2008
Malaga, Spain
I have a question how does it this sdk applies to ut v436? I love your work mate impressed ...how is it going with your project in thses days?