Poll - All weapons fire bullets idea

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UT3 weapons

• Would you prefer having only: All weapons firing bullets

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • UT3 is oky the way it is

Votes: 70 97.2%
  • Keep the actual weapons and add more firing bullets weapons!

Votes: 2 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
On the pavement between the Red and Blue Base,
It was Capture the Flag in the arena called Face.
Reaper and Jester, siblings for the cause
Fought for Malcolm against the Necris' claws.

Othello and Bishop covered the Red Team's Tower,
It had been days since anyone had showered.
They watched on as the offensive pair
Worked their way though to the enemy's lair.

After killing Matrix, Reaper went for the flag.
Jester covered his six, capture was in the bag.
Reaper got the Flag and ran from the Base.
His team would be victorious in this hardcore race.

He ran fast and sure, with Blue on his trail,
Reaper needed his sister, for the Reds couldn't fail.
But, up in the tower, a shot was heard.
Reaper was fragged by a flying turd.

BobTheBeheader

Aug 31, 2005
Warshington State
No, women get this. And these could be used instead of impact hammers. :)
I saw a bdsm pr0n of one of those pear things stuck in a girls vagina. It was hooked up to some electrical thing too. It was kinda freaky, but she seemed to be having a good time.

That aside, I think the real problem we're going through here is that Hyrage does not understand what is meant by "bullets," and the rest of us do not understand what he means by "bullets."

According to Hyrage, "bullets" apparently mean projectiles that move very fast. To the rest of the gaming community, "bullets" mean hitscan weapons that are used to simulate today's realistic weapons.

The reason that "bullets" are implemented through hitscan is that using rapid-fire projectiles puts tremendous strain on computers (historically) and on online play. Also, as bullets move at very high rates of speed, their projectiles may have the potential to break swept collision detection algorithms.

Last edited:

dirtyharry

Jun 11, 2008
Massachusetts
wow, took 10 minutes to scroll through this entire thread to see if anyone else mentions that there are weapons mods that are "just" rifles, or "just" redeemers etc.... there are several sniper only sites, Zark only sites etc.... with UT3, there is already so much customization, I see no need to change a thing... there are some great modders out there doing great things, all you gotta do is look around....

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
It's hard for some people to tell the difference between reaction and prediction.

Even bullet speed projectiles are fast enough that 98% of the time avoiding them is prediction.

Bots might duck headshots, but humans rarely do.

Agent_5

Replica?
Jan 24, 2004
UT
Would you like having all weapons firing bullets instead of the actual weapon system of UT3? :eek:
Why? Calling flak shards "super slow shotgun buckshot" isn't going to do much other than make you type more.

In other terms, would you prefer the Gears of War weapon system [real bullets] instead of a crazy looking Bio Rifle.
If you want a GoW weapon system go play GoW.

I would prefer the Weapons from GoW in UT3 instead of all these colorful projectiles, they could be replaced by Items, giving more depth into the Unreal Franchise and make UT something far away ahead from the other 10 000 FPS games.
Again, go play GoW. And WTF do you mean by 'items'?

Something most game designers heard before making great hits :lol:
That doesn't mean anything except that you're pretentious.

- Bullet speed
- Physics & distance affecting the bullets
- Delay after triggering before the bullet get out of the canon
- Ammo clip size
- Fire rate
- Accuracy
- Fire power
- bullet tracer
- Spread damage or not
- Reload time
- Weapon weight

Don't you think that we could have enough stats to make another chess-match strategy, but on a faster rate and it could well work with an Arena Match exactly like UT3.

By example, Soldier of Fortune 2 was similar to that and worked very well.
Then go play SoF2.

Here again, stop jumping to conclusion. I never talked about having a realistic game with weapons firing bullets and I don't really see any realism in video games, because it wouldn't be even fun.
So why does it have to be bullets?

LOLL
A bad idea, but actually the Snipe and the Enforcer fit, so why not a modern assault rifle that can be accurate if both the fire rate and recoil are mastered?
Why put it in to begin with? Because you want it? Go make your own.

You are happy with no reloading, what I think is an essential key to a shooter game.
No it isn't. It's just a miniscule feature - a tiny little wrinkle in terms of gameplay. There's more important things in an FPS than if a weapon reloads or not.

But any mecanics used for any weapons of the UT franchise can be implemented as an Item instead of being a gun and items could just bring more variety and gameplays to the franchise and finally bring the Teamwork on a solid step beyond what it actually is.
There you go with items again.

When I look at UT3 it's Quake 3 with Next Gen graphics and nothing more except vehicles and Deployables.
For a 2008 game, it's a bit disturbing.
So why are you here? Go play something else already.

That would be very interesting and already in the work in some ways. I'm finishing a Game Design Document to start it, but start scripting at the same time to become more familiar with it. :eek:

The twists I was talking about will be implemented in that project.
But it isn't for tomorrow. More like months and years ;) for both singleplayer & multiplayer. :rolleyes:

One thing is sure, it will not play like any other actual FPS.
Why are you making humanity wait days longer for the best fps - no, the best thing to have ever graced this plant by spewing nonsense on an internet forum. Hop to it and get to work. I want to play it this decade :mad:

I was talking about the weapons too, for weapon creativity... Resistance on PS3 is a good reference.
How is an assault rifle - that just HAS to shoot regular bullets by your shallow standards - creative?

There are three suggestions in the poll.
I appreciate the actual Weapons in the Game, but hate the fact that there is a lack of weapons firing bullets (I do not fully enjoy the actual gunplay with the enforcer and seriously think that somekind of assault rifle would be more than welcome to get a complete set a weapon variety).

In the poll, no one voted for the 1rst option, including me. I voted to add at least one other weapon firing bullets.
What's so special about bullets? The next thing you're going to want is it to be in a special caliber because that's really the most important thing when it comes to designing a weapon for a game.

Strangely, the bullets in GoW looks more lkike the shards from the secondary fire of the stinger. Any clear explanation?
It's merely an animation - an effect to show that the weapon is being fired and what the person's shooting at. The animation for the shock rifle in the original UT lags a bit at longer distances but it's still a hitscan weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.