The non-greedy- bastard christmas thread.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zaccix

Truth, by Banksy
Nov 10, 1999
London, UK
I bought my mum a couple of DVDs (Once Upon A Time In The West and Sleeping Beauty directed by Rudolf Nureyev - she loves ballet), and bought a Mario Kart Gamecube pack for my brother.

I also bought Prince of Persia on PS2 for a friend, a Gizmo plush for his wife, an EyeToy for their daughter and a Gamecube control pad for their son (he got a GC MK pack from them as well). They've always been great to me, so getting all of them gifts was never in question (even if they did the "no, no you don't have to get us anything" ... thing). :)

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
I only got my parents a book by Clive Cussler, one of their favorite authors. I am buying a Playstation 2 game for my brothers since they got one today. I didn't have money before, but now I do.

My brother (who is 17) bought my parents a 27-inch flat-screen TV (not plasma or anything, just flat-screen. My mom cried when they opened it up here at my grandparents' house. He did a good job ;)

TossMonkey

brown bread?
Sep 4, 2001
Great Britain.
quakeguy.tumblr.com
Eden said:
My Dad: Peter Kay: Live at the Bolton Albert Halls (he loves)
If you watch the dvd as mr kay walks out the albert halls I work at game down the street to the left.

And when I was a scout we held the st patricks day march in bolton centre, I was the lead flag carrier (with the union jack) we started from the town centre and walked to church (where I smacked the vicar over the head as I was taking the flag out the pouch). :D

SugarBear

Sadly Un-Surreal
May 18, 2001
Doesn't even matter
Visit site
so, Beeb, you're rocking a 300 dollar camera, a fairly decent computer and you don't have money to get anything for anyone else?

I got my brother and my girlfriend a laptop, both compaqs but my brothers is a little better.

Clayeth

Classic
Apr 10, 2000
Kentucky
Got this Caller ID Globe for my mom.

690628_xl.jpg

I was afraid I was paying too much for it, but figured wtf, it's Christmas. It looks great in person, a lot better than in that picture... and substitutes as a night light. It alternates between missed calls, time, date, and a greeting based on the time of day / year (right now it says Happy Holidays). You can even leave notes on it, great for birthday anniversary reminders, since you can set them to come up every year.

The way it actually works is it has a bar on a central pivot that spins really fast. It has a row of about 8 LEDs on each end that project out to the glass of the globe, and it's REALLY clear. You can't see them because it spins so fast, so all you see is the light on the side of the globe, and it appears to be coming from nowhere.

alien8

Run, you magnificent bastard.
My entire family lives about 10 hours away from me in a different province, and my mother was a bit sad that I couldn't make it home for Christmas this year, so I bought a webcam and surprised my parents by opening up my gifts from them in front of it.

I think I made my dear mother cry when I told her that if I was forced to spend Christmas by myself without being able to see family, they should be able to at least see me.

Jinx256

Dawn
Jan 29, 2003
the wired
Visit site
Got my dad the Atari classics 10-in-1 thing (it was sold out everywhere and nearly impossible to get ahold of)
Got my mom two new books that she wanted
Got Daedalus (boyfriend) a speaker system for his new computer

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
Got my little brother a T-shirt with Max and a couple Wild Things from the book 'Where the Wild Things Are', and two CDs; Deftones-Adrenaline and Paul Simon-Graceland. :) Last year I got him a pair of Fox DH gloves (mountain biking). It's always easiest to buy for him because we like the same stuff and I know exactly what he'd want.

Lewis

May 1, 2003
hmmm well my family tells me what they want so theres no problem at all, and so they're happy to get what they really want