As real as..we can.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

-RoMe-infers

Nov 12, 2003
Paris
Visit site
Ok guys, im having so much fun i need to share it.

I did mod Crysis a bit (and used other existing mods) to get the most realistic experience i could so far (nanosuit aside, there is a nosuit mod already).

-Realistic Weapon sway.

-The holo point on reflex sight is really useful now. it is such a pleasure to see the red dot moving a bit and always pointing at where your bullet will go.

-A steady aim/ hold breath button. You can bind it to whatever key you want.

-You can't aim very well when you lean because the weapon sight gets misalign a tiny bit. (i love that).

-No zoom at all on weapons when in ironsight. (im still tring to mod a small zoom when hold breath feature).

-No HUD at all. (funny how now i stop when i hear some noises in bushes , i love that too.. )

-Ballistics. (not rly noticeable as in crysis you rarely shoot from 300m or above). I think i will increase the bullet drop to match the red orchestra system: bullets drop faster so it has to be taken into account in game. Problem is it won't be realistic value... What do you think guys?

-Bullet penetration base on materials and calibers. It IS used by AI so be carefull ^^. They WILL shoot through walls at your last supposed position.

-Weapon damage tweaked to real value (never takes more than 3 bullet to kill a guy).

-Hard recoil and almost no spread. Shooting in Semi is almost mandatory. And there is now no difference of bullet damage between semi and full auto. This feature and the precedent are from the ''Reality enhancment mod'' made by Solecist.

-A depth of field blur. In multiplayer, it would allow any kind of concealment as long as your enemy doesn't stare directly at your position. (im thinking of ghilly suit yes.) This feature is from the ''New Delta Flowgraph'' from Darkwish

What i'm looking for/working on:

-To tweak bullet drop a bit.
-When in crouch position, to have your character raise a bit when your aim your weapon. Yes, ala red orchestra ;o) .
-To get a small zoom when you hold breath.
-Better sounds.
-A deploy feature, ala Infiltration. But no clue on how to do it at the moment.
-A freeaim system that shoot where your weapon is pointing. (any help would be greatly appreciated on this issue as it is a bit hard.. I am at the moment using a 'mouse info' node to get the screen turn when the cursor reach the border of screen. But i can't link it to the ironsight mode so it is a freeaim ala redorchestra again. Thing is it is far from ok at the moment.

Ok. Sorry for the wall of text but i am really enjoying the game now and i wanted to share. I'll post a vid soon. Tell me if you are intersted so i can give/link you the files you need to install and tweak.

Finally i did install a tweak manager that is really brilliant. It will change crysis to a more realistic light and atmosphere. Andmoreover it has a NOHUD option .

Ok thats it guys. Links vids and proper credits coming soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

-RoMe-infers

Nov 12, 2003
Paris
Visit site
First vid, dont mind the quality please. Showing weapon sway, bullet penetration (you can see it go through wood but not concrete),
and depth of field.

[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI-XtUQPZFk[/M]

-RoMe-infers

Nov 12, 2003
Paris
Visit site
Second Video. Showing semi Freeaim and Real Freeaim (still wip obviously).
The weapon always shoot where it points. But in the Real FreeAim system i still can't make the player rotate when the weapon reaches the screen border :( .

Any help would be deeply appreciated.

[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9Ir25T_wCU[/M]

Logan6

TC Vet
Dec 23, 2003
Very nice! Have you tried talking to people on www.crymod.com? Lots of Crysis modders there. Some of them really good. And of course there's the wiki.

-RoMe-infers

Nov 12, 2003
Paris
Visit site
Have you tried talking to people on www.crymod.com?

OOOh yes. But forums are pretty empty right now. (Just do an advance search on the crymod forum with ''Rome'' as user. Sadly, You'll see that nobody answer my questions.. ) I'm getting a bit disapointed right now as i can't go any further with the freeaim system. I need help on how to connect the crosshair to the mousecursor... or just to find a workaround.

What kills me is that some guys did a really nice job on freeaim (you can watch them on youtube) but they wont release it........

I don't know c++, nor lua so... I need a coder.

Thanks anyway guys. It feels good to get some nice comments.

Logan6

TC Vet
Dec 23, 2003
Two guys I would recommend talking to are CWright ( knows a lot about LUA and is working on planes and jets for Crysis ) and James-Ryan who knows a lot about C++ coding in Crysis. They're on Crymod. I've never talked to James-Ryan, but I know he helped out CWright with some joystick code.

Last edited:

-RoMe-infers

Nov 12, 2003
Paris
Visit site
Yea, JR is the first on my list. There is cyberalien and darkwish too.

I'll try to pm them on the crymod forum to get ther advices.

I hope they are still involve in the crymod forum.

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
Glad to see you making progress! Keep it up.

In the first vid it seemed like there was constant depth of field vision, is that correct or just youtube's video compression quality?

Good luck implementing freeaim. Though in the mean time maybe you can work on a gamemode like DTAS for Crysis, if you can.

-RoMe-infers

Nov 12, 2003
Paris
Visit site
Thanks Zeep. The blur is constant indeed on the edge of your screen when you are in ironsight mode. It can be removed or toned down easily if you like..

I have a good news. I found a c++ coder willing to help me! He is converting the code from this mod :Wiisis , to get a functional freeAim!
[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INmLFYDHIkg[/M]

I really hope he will get something out of this. He said he will release it at the end of this week. At that point we will have a complete "Infiltration mod" easily configurable, and i will start working on Multiplayer.

In the meantime it would be helpful to have you guys play this mod (i will release it soon) on single player to tell me what to tweak (as to bullet drop, bullet penetration or whatever) so i can get some feedback?

P.S: Just an idea for multiplayer, would it be nice to get civilians in combat zone? If you kill them you would have heavy penalties (less reinforcements, or longer respawn for all team, or time to take objectives a lot longer) I think it would prevent the automatic use of nades in beginning of a round and woud give more tension to the gameplay.
Of course, first i plan to release a multiplayer as simple and basic as possible. So we all can give some ideas and inputs on what could be improved on later version.

But i am carried away, lets have a working freeaim system first.........

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
Personally freeaim is not on the top of my list. There are so many facets of immersion i would like to see implemented and tweaked to perfection such as:

-first persons experience of movement. All movements. All stances, speeds, inertia and steepness of the ground etc.
-first persons experience of weapon handling. Experience of weight, angle, recoil etc.
-first persons experience of sound. World sounds, interactions, weapon sounds etc.

I.e. There are differences in sound between firing a raised weapon with cheek on stock and firing a weapon from the hip. Though not very different sounding to the untrained ear, the correct implemention and presentation of this in-game will add to the immersion of that stance/action. Even subconciously.

Crysis has a very good sound engine so it could be fun to experience certain implementations. I mean, if i could code ofcourse.

-RoMe-infers

Nov 12, 2003
Paris
Visit site
You can't code but you can type! :)

All these elements:
-Movements (stance speed, sprint speed etc..)
-Player inertia
-Weapon sway and recoil
-Ballistics
-and more..
Can be easily edited in a .xml wordpad file found here: Crysis/Game/...

New Sounds nevertheless would need some code.

But all in all it is pretty easy. It is just a matter of typing a value
like <Bulletgravity = 8> and see what it does in the editor.

-RoMe-infers

Nov 12, 2003
Paris
Visit site
Do I need to buy Crysis or Crysis Warhead to play this? I'm more than willing to try out the mod and give you my feedback.

Yes. But maybe you can try it on the demo. No idea at the moment.

I'll post a link at beginning of next week, when freeaim is implemented. I also need to tweak some movement value. The sprint is too fast and allow you to do 180° turn. Also Weapon Recoil is not completely done yet.

But don't worry, i'll release it as soon as it is playable. Bare in mind it will be only Single player at the moment so the Nano Suit powers won't be deactivated so you don't get stuck.

#New feature: The player MAY fall back when hit by a bullet.

-RoMe-infers

Nov 12, 2003
Paris
Visit site
Hehehe don't worry. It will depends on the caliber/damage recieved/Range . And then it will be happening only time to time. (But it could be fun to think that you killed a guy, when he just felt back)

Can you guys already give some feedback about the vanilla crysis movement?
(without the nanosuit powers of course?)

For instance:
-Jump height to high?
-Sprint speed to low? etc etc.. That would be helpful as im already tweaking it right now to more realistic value.

My opinion:
-General speed a bit too high
-Speed when in ironsight too slow.
-Jump height too high.
-Sprint speed too high.

Well thats it for me. You guys?

-RoMe-infers

Nov 12, 2003
Paris
Visit site
No big news at the moment..

I am waiting for the coder to finish freeaim, and i am day dreaming about some muliplayer mechanics.. then testing it.

For example: i want civvies to have some sort of impact on gameplay.. I want paradrop insertion for dtas attacker, with the squad leader choosing where the paradrop occurs on the map.. etc etc..

Anyway, i'm going to spain tomorow for 2 weeks so i dont think there will be any progress till i'm back home.

Please feel free to daydream with me and to think about some gameplay ideas. Lets share our idease here :eek:)

-RoMe-infers

Nov 12, 2003
Paris
Visit site
First, sorry for lack of news. Was working pretty hard IRL.

I have a bit of time now:
-FreeAim is almost implemented. I just need my dear coder to make it work when you aim your weapon too. Atm it is only freeaim when hipshooting, ala Red orchestra. And to be honest i don't like that. i want to be able to aim my weapon, then lower it to have a clear view (lowready position i guess).
-When all the basics are implemented (freeaim being the last one) i will start working on
MP mechanics. I will keep it pretty simple at first:
-Map load.
-Defender team spawn and place their flag where they want.
-When flag is placed, attacker team spawn and try to capture it.
-At attackers spawn, there will be one transport-helicopter, two trucks, and one Humvee. Your choice on how you and your team will travel then.
-No respawn.

Et Voila!