XMP Knowledge Library

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsylatac

International Seahorse Inseminator
Apr 5, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
Since there are so many quality articles being posted around the place about XMP tips and tactics, I thought I'd help everyone by collecting them in a single thread. If you think there's something which should be here but isn't, then feel free to post below and I'll add it to the top post here, so people can just keep up to date with everything. I've toyed with the idea of putting it all on a seperate site but this thread should be sufficient (if an admin could sticky it, it would be much appreciated, edit: thanks Sparky :) ). Also, where appropriate I will attempt to provide a short description of the content of the links.

So, here's what we have so far:

Unreal II: XMP Preview, by RaptoR Actually explains a lot of the simple gameplay aspects of XMP, and it has purdy pictures.

XMP Guide and Play Tips, by SylverFyre (contains ideas from Ravage's article, below, and several of the other links as well, good for a first read).
'Basic' XMP Playguide, by Guyver1 Fairly quick overview of XMP gameplay and some tips on how to play

A massive gameplay tips post from a beta tester, by Ravage
Energy, what it's all about, by Anathema-
The comprehensive Tech guide, by Anathema-
\/\/orf's Tech Guide, by (unsurprisingly :) ), \/\/orf
Tips for using the Raptor, by Major Lee High
Vehicle Strategies, by PurplWulf
Fun With Mines, by Saito
Team Strategies, by Ravage
Concussion Grenade Jumping Guide, by MÆST
Theresa's Guide To Being A Gunner, by Theresa
Why Defending Is A Good Thing(tm), by Anathema- (some artistic lisence taken with the naming ;) )

Server Admin Guide, by QuikShot

XMP Keybinding v0.6, by MachDelta
A Guide to Speech Binds, by G-Lite
The XMP Name Colouriser, by Iridium and RaptoR - A little tool you can use to give your name some funky colours in XMP.
How to setup unreal:// or xmp:// for booting up XMP, by Bazzi

XMP Score Chart, by EvilDrWong (posted by Hanover_Fist)

XMP Editing Info, by Scott Dalton Useful for mappers, I should imagine

How to run multiple mutators on your server, by Parser
XMP Summoner, by [-will-] "It allows you to perform a whole load of commands normally disabled online, like set, summon, god, ghost, fly, etc, as well as adding a little support for in-game server admin"

Some custom maps, thread by AnnonKaiesZi

Some funnies :D

Last edited by a moderator:

iddQd

Yours truly
Dec 26, 2001
Sweden
^this^ is 'teh' sh!t! Well done Catalyst :) Now that you've braged so much I'll give yeh your well earned spank

*flap!*

intoxicated

Dec 27, 2003
but i have the demo until tommorow :( and i have a cool demo server. called intoxicated 2 anyway i wanted to put up some dif maps other then the default demo map like unreal universe has a bunch of dif maps i wanted to know if i could put some maps up.?

Status
Not open for further replies.