Benelli M1 Super 90 -- Legal in California?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

jaeg

PopeyeTurbo
Oct 18, 2000
Oh, do you mean that "Look at that dumbass who carries an assault rifle for no reason" look?

Technophile

Look, location works again!
Oct 31, 2000
Texas, USA
Do I carry an assault rifle for no reason? No. Notice I didn't say I carried it. (IE. over my shoulder when buying groceries) If I am taking a rifle somewhere, like to shoot, would you rather I toss it on the dashboard? Maybe seal it in carbonite so some Volvo driving scaredy cats won't get their panties in a knot?

Some people in this world can see a firearm, even an ugly evil "assault rifle", and NOT automatically assume something wrong or is going on.

Assault Rifle = Select fire | No select fire or automatic capability = not assault rifle.

Dupre

Code Pimp
May 8, 2000
www.geocities.com
Only in certain places in certain towns do you get that stare, especially in Texas. I guess folks are used to seeing gun racks on trucks. And there are plenty of reasons to have a truck (trunk) gun in Texas: snakes, dog packs (yes, a town 30 miles south of me had a problem with wild dogs killing farm animals), and criminals.

And to all those damn liberals that are already thinking "Why do you need a gun when you can call the police?".. two reasons: 1. the average response time in rural areas are several minutes, 2. the police have no legal obligation to save your life.

jaeg

PopeyeTurbo
Oct 18, 2000
I didn't say a shotgun wasn't a good idea to cary in rural areas, it can be quite a usefull tool. But not a rifle designed to kill things easily.

hehe, cowboy retards.

Dupre

Code Pimp
May 8, 2000
www.geocities.com
Originally posted by jaeg
I didn't say a shotgun wasn't a good idea to cary in rural areas, it can be quite a usefull tool. But not a rifle designed to kill things easily.

hehe, cowboy retards.

Hmm, uh.. what's wrong with that statement there. I mean, other than the cowboy reference. So instead of taking a rifle designed to kill things easily, you infer you should take a shotgun that can't? But then a shotgun is useful? :hmm:

Gholam

Sergeant (Reserve), IDF
Jun 19, 2001
Rehovot, Israel
Originally posted by Dupre
1. the average response time in rural areas are several minutes

Heh, several minutes is damn good... several hours to several days is what you should expect in most other countries.

Technophile

Look, location works again!
Oct 31, 2000
Texas, USA
Originally posted by Dupre
And to all those damn liberals that are already thinking "Why do you need a gun when you can call the police?".. two reasons: 1. the average response time in rural areas are several minutes, 2. the police have no legal obligation to save your life.

That is one of the snares that we as gun owners/advocates fall into alot. There are many valid reasons to want to own a firearm. Protection, hunting or various shooting sports. Those reasons are not necessary though!

I own and shoot firearms for one simple reason. I want to. That is plenty of reason for me and should be plenty for anyone. When we let them pigeonhole us into specific justifications for firearms ownership we risk having those reasons explained away.

Example:
Semi-auto high capacity rifles are "un-sporting" so we don't need them. After all Elmer Fudd didn't need an AR15 to hunt Bugs so why should we?

Fück that!

If I shot someone then try me for murder or attempted murder or negligent homicide. Just owning an evil black rifle doesn't mean anything more or less than a single shot breakopen. Or no firearm at all. After all my kitchen is full of deadly weapons. Mostly I just cut meat and vegetables though! :p

Dupre

Code Pimp
May 8, 2000
www.geocities.com
Originally posted by Technophile
That is one of the snares that we as gun owners/advocates fall into alot. There are many valid reasons to want to own a firearm. Protection, hunting or various shooting sports. Those reasons are not necessary though!

I own and shoot firearms for one simple reason. I want to. That is plenty of reason for me and should be plenty for anyone. When we let them pigeonhole us into specific justifications for firearms ownership we risk having those reasons explained away.

That's true. I usually answer gun control nuts with the Constitution. That shuts them up. There's a few that try the ol' "it's out of date" argument but just deflect that onto free speech and they shut up too.