Have you ever been bullied?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
People tried to bully me because i was shy and quiet. However, being near 6 foot in sixth grade lead to people only trying it a couple times. I typically tried to defend people from bullies.

As for your friends nephew, that blows. When are schools going to do something about physical bullying in schools to prevent another Columbine (which worked great for me since i was in the group of freaks that wore trench coats and everyone feared us from then on).

Local news ran this just last night.
http://www.kxxv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13386551

I was bullied my softmore year of highscool (b4 then I had attended a private school all my life). I was not just bullied though I was out right assaulted. In an industrial tech class a bully squirted hot glue out of an industrial hot glue gun on my arm it burnt a hole through most of the skin (I have thick leathery skin fortunately). About 2 weeks b4 school was out the same kid in the same class stabbed me in the leg with a sheet rock knife (the same thing as a box cutter but the blade doesn't retract usually) he claimed it was an accident but spent 2 months in juvi over the summer.
However towards the end of the year I had started taking martial arts. My junior year was quite a different story. I made it my goal to discourage bullying any way I could. My senior year I went back to boarding school, I didn't have to deal with bullying much there my dad was the boys dean. 1 guy did try, Another senior who was mad about a prank somebody played on him and was blaming the nerdy white guy (me) but I didn't have time to defend myself the senior class president stepped up in front of him and punched him in the nose and told him to sit down and shut up. I found out later that he stood up for me cause he heard me call the previous dean a racist asshole (still my opinion of the man to date), which is what the he was fired for. Racist comments anyway. He told the board that it would be allot easier to maintain control of his dorm if they didn't admit so many... you get the idea. They fired him on the spot.

Arcturus

Not From Bloody Starcraft
Jan 23, 2000
Totally Not Korhal IV
Everyone liked me at school even the bullies all liked me and I was just a popular guy and got off with various girls around the back of the bikesheds. True story.

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
Sorry to hear about your nephew, getting bullied is terrible.

Yes, was bullied for being the only white/Dutch kid in class when I lived in the Caribbean. I ended that, or at least make them keep their distance by one day straight up knocking out the tallest/leader of the bullies in a single blow to the face. Sure, I got some detention but I'd done it after checking it with my parents, who agreed with my intended course of action to stop being bullied. (this was after repeated visits of my parents to the headmaster, who was just as fond of Dutch/white people as my bullies were)

Afterwards, later on in high school I've tried jumping between bullies and their victims as much as I could.

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
I was bullied pretty much till I got into high school, and then I just ignored them. Sometimes you just have to phase them out because getting pissed will only fuel their fire.

Getting pissed will fuel their fire. Beating them up will make them scared.

Peavey

Rattus Norvegicus
Jul 17, 2001
I've always kinda been a runt, and at age 22 I am now 5'8" and 130 lbs. High school wasn't so bad, I was really outgoing and quick - people thought I was funny so I just got along with them.

Now, middle school - I was shy and introverted. But I knew Tae Kwan Do. This kid Cliff who was at least 40 lbs. heavier than me tried to start **** with me, pushing me into the fence repeatedly while I just smiled. He kept doing it, and then out of nowhere I snapped and kicked him in the face, him being a good 3 inches taller. This just angered him, and he was a pretty heavy dude so he tackled me and tried to punch me while I was on the floor. I was getting my ass reamed, so I pushed him off. He was stooping over me, about to start punching me in the face when I pulled back my right leg and WHAM! Heel straight to the nose. Busted his nose/lip and he was gushing blood. He cried and was shocked, and I was the one who ended up getting suspended :rolleyes: Ah, to be 13.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
My brother (14 years younger than me) was the popular one in high school that everyone liked and he never got in fights...........well, at least none I heard about.;)

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
In grade school I was picked on by one person but I never took it, I always stood up to him. Then again later on in life he was arrested and in jail for quite a while.

In Middle School the one kid who was my size was the one who wanted to pick a fight with me. So I told him where I lived and I waited for him. So he casually rides his bike to my house and then tells me that he really didn't want to fit and after that he never said anything bad to me again.

In HS when I was either a freshman or sophomore, there was one guy who was built like a Tank from L4D and probably had the IQ of one as well. He was around 6'2" and 200-something lbs. He was more of a school goon than anything, and he never actually specifically picked on me but he did ask me what I'd do to him if he did. So I casually walked up to him proceeded to do a round house kick to his face, stopping maybe less than an inch away. He looked so scared, it was priceless. At the end of the day he came up to me and shook my hand, and that was that. No one else bothered me at all. I actually made some friends from the senior class after that.

I've never gotten into a physical fight outside of the dojo just because most bullies are all talk, and as long as you walk proud they stay away. While I wasn't really bullied, just picked on a bit from a very small amount of people, in those few those times, I learned a lot about life and now I teach what I've learned to children and adults in the martial arts weekly.

inferyes

Spaced In
Aug 16, 2009
There was this 1 kid who tried to physically bully me in my senior year of high school. I just talked down to him with very "elegant" language. It made him furious when I used words he didn't understand.

I'm just glad I never saw him outside of school haaha.

d3tox

Face down in a pool of his own vomit.
Apr 8, 2008
In grade school I was picked on by one person but I never took it, I always stood up to him. Then again later on in life he was arrested and in jail for quite a while.

In Middle School the one kid who was my size was the one who wanted to pick a fight with me. So I told him where I lived and I waited for him. So he casually rides his bike to my house and then tells me that he really didn't want to fit and after that he never said anything bad to me again.

In HS when I was either a freshman or sophomore, there was one guy who was built like a Tank from L4D and probably had the IQ of one as well. He was around 6'2" and 200-something lbs. He was more of a school goon than anything, and he never actually specifically picked on me but he did ask me what I'd do to him if he did. So I casually walked up to him proceeded to do a round house kick to his face, stopping maybe less than an inch away. He looked so scared, it was priceless. At the end of the day he came up to me and shook my hand, and that was that. No one else bothered me at all. I actually made some friends from the senior class after that.

I've never gotten into a physical fight outside of the dojo just because most bullies are all talk, and as long as you walk proud they stay away. While I wasn't really bullied, just picked on a bit from a very small amount of people, in those few those times, I learned a lot about life and now I teach what I've learned to children and adults in the martial arts weekly.

THIS!

I took my son in (he's 4) to see if he'd be interested in doing this. I want him to for all of the side effects that come along with it. He's totally down with it (XOXOXO Kung Fu Panda lol), except the classes are @ 3:30 in the afternoon for the 4 and 5 yr olds, so I have to wait 2 years. I'm so excited to get him into it...

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
Martial Arts is for people not willing to admit they like ballet. Real men choose sorcery as a defense mechanism.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
Sorcery is for people not willing to admit they like fairies. Real men choose Marmots as a defense mechanism.

Simply because Marmots are the unstoppable force of the universe.

Breadtruck

All's Well That Ends Well
Feb 6, 2005
Maine
I dealt with quite a bit of bullying, and I still do to some point. Never anything physical (except with my brother when I was younger, but that's more of a sibling rivalries). Always dealt with vicious rumors being spread about me, people saying ridiculous things to my face. It's stopped for the most part since graduation, but I still hear things from time to time. It really bugged me starting out in my first years of high school, but by the end of it, I dealt with it and began to embrace all the attention and would try to screw with peoples heads till they got the idea that I didn't care about what they would say/do to me.