UE3 - UT3 This has to be an ATI issue

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

deadman_uk

Jul 6, 2009
I have the collectors edition of UT3 with the tutorial DVD included. A year ago on my NVIDIA card, I ran the first few tutorial levels (the starter level). Never had any problems but then I lost interest and quit. Now I have an ATI card, I have the urge to learn UnrealED again from the start. I have the exact same problem as the poster in the link below is having:

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=684345

As already mentioned, I can get over this by rebuilding my level which takes longer and longer as the level gets more complex.

I am now on tutorial number 7 (additive level). I create my large builder brush, click add, create a light and like the tutorial says if you pan out of the room, it goes all black but inside the room, you see the checkered pattern. If I move this light however, everything goes black and I have to keep rebuilding to see my room.

This is unacceptable and has to be an ATI issue. Really dissapointed, what a joke. Is there anything I can do about this? I messed around with AA settings... nothing.

Phoenix_Wing

Official Kantham Stalker
Mar 28, 2008
California
AFAIK AA was only an issue in UT04's editor and was fixed in later patches.

The only thing I can think of is

A - Different Card
B - Rollback Drivers
C - Smash Computer and run through the streets screaming RABBLE RABBLE

deadman_uk

Jul 6, 2009
I am aware of the AA bug with UT2004 editor, I remember it when I used the editor for a few days. This is certainly an ATI problem, i've researched it and doesn't appear to happen on NVIDA cards.

Getting a new card is out of the question, my card is very powerful and I'll use it another year before I even think about replacing it.

Perhaps I should email AMD/ATI about this, and ask them to fix it? I don't know but this is annoying!

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
I used another HD 48XX series, it worked fine but the editor just ran incredibly slow because it couldn't handle drawing the sprites :)

Epic was notified. They know the HD series can give problems in their tech but spamming both them and Ati is never a bad idea, may speed it up...

Try other drivers...