TF2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Yes yes, and YES.

Anyone tried CTF_Well lately? Camping in their base getting health recovery by-pickups is fun while heavy. Went on a rampage.

Lafnboy

Real Low Mind
Jan 20, 2008
I been playin' it on the 360. So addicting. Demoman ftw

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
By the time you kill the medic, the heavy has almost killed you so you can make a dent in the heavy just in time to die and have the medic come back and heal him while you're waiting to respawn! FUN!!! :D

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I don't know what you're up to, but I never had that problem the 400 games I played so far.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Cause your team's doin it! :lol:

isn't ut a spam fest as well?

Well seeing as I don't like UT2k4 or UT3 that doesn't really matter and if you're talking about the original, well I haven't played it in a while so maybe it is, but if it is then it's not the random kind of spam. ;) ...or maybe it is and I won't like it if I tried it now, like I said I haven't played in a while.

Airmoran

Construct
Nov 9, 2004
By the time you kill the medic, the heavy has almost killed you so you can make a dent in the heavy just in time to die and have the medic come back and heal him while you're waiting to respawn! FUN!!! :D
Err... you don't just stand there and soak up bullets. Heavies (and thus the medic) are very slow targets. As a soldier, you can very easily pop around corners and take out the medic without exposing yourself for long. As a scout, it's very common to jump in, take out the medic, and run out. In addition, without uber, the heavy-medic combo is useless against turrets, snipers, spies, what-have-you.

If the heavy and medic combo is dominating your team, either the combo is doing something very, very right or your team is doing something very, very wrong. Individual skill matters.

And oh, you're talking about how their team apparently has at least two medics and one heavy, while your team apparently doesn't have any medics. Maybe that's the problem?

Last edited:

Banoffee

Armoured
Jan 20, 2008
UK
I only played a few games, but it was spammy as hell. Not the good kind of spam either. There were Demoman grenades and random rockets everywhere. And the most important thing was, I didn't feel like I was making a difference.

I know it's supposed to be team-based but a player should be able to accomplish at least something on their own. I dislike having to rely on team mates for everything.

About UT being spammy: You could call it that, but not nearly to the extent of a full TF2 server.