How to install UT3 jailbreak

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TheIronKnuckle

What the hell is this "ballin" thing?
How to correctly install and play UT3 jailbreak

I've extracted to the correct folder as per the readme, and mapmixer has picked up the new maps (i know cause it's asking me to verify their details).

However the gametype does not show up in the gametype list. What do I have to do to make this happen?

Last edited:

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
Is it recognised if you don't use MapMixer?

I'm running MapMixer 3.00 and JB works perfectly fine. The gametype info is stored in the UTMapMixer config file [Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config]. I think that one doesn't have any user settings so you can safely overwrite it by the installation file. ;)

TheIronKnuckle

hmm, I still can't see it even if I go through the normal ut3 menu.

I checked the mapmixer config file. There is this line:

ClientGameTypeHelpers=(sGameClass="Jailbreak.Jailbreak",bLeaderStatusNotification=True,bHUDLeaderboardDisabled=False,fHUDLeaderboardPercTop=0.450000)

and these lines:

[Jailbreak_Jailbreak MapMixer_DataGroup_GameType]
Options=(sGroupName="Rules",sURLName="GoalScore",sName="Goal Score",eType=mmOT_Int,sData="0:9999",sDefaultValue="3",sDescription="Set the Capture Limit for the match. 0 means no limit.")
Options=(sGroupName="Rules",sURLName="TimeLimit",sName="Time Limit",eType=mmOT_Int,sData="0:999",sDefaultValue="20",sDescription="Set the Time Limit for match.")
Options=(sGroupName="Rules",sURLName="QuickStart",sName="QuickStart",eType=mmOT_Bool,sDefaultValue="False",sDescription="Toggle whether or not to start the match immediately.")
Options=(sGroupName="Rules",sURLName="demo",sName="Record Demo Filename",eType=mmOT_String,sDefaultValue="",sOptions="Demo-DM",sDescription="Enable Demo Recording by entering a target demo filename. Leaving it blank disables recording.")

So it's obviously detecting something! :)

EDIT:
I take it back now the gametype is showing up in the list when I go through the normal ut3 menu. However whenever I try to start a match the game starts as a deathmatch rather than jailbreak game.

Last edited:

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
MapMixer doesn't really detect anything. Those lines are in the file whether you have the mod installed or not... ;)

Are you running the game with the -nohomedir thing? Any custom mutators active? :con:

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
You're welcome! :p

Can you install the mod under My Documents and try it out without -nohomedir? It wouldn't be a real solution for you but it could be helpful to spot bugs... although that's supposed to be tested already.

I don't want to be the guy to tell you to reinstall because it sucks, but if you have the game on Steam you can always verify the game files... ;)

TheIronKnuckle

I honestly can't :lol: Sorry
I'm running a small SSD these days with core files only, but I've still got <1GB left on the damn thing :p
I just run ut3 from an external hard drive these days. I've been lugging it around that way since 2008.

However next time I'm at my families place I'll give it a go again (both with and without -nohomedir) and report back. There's three different computers there all capable of running UT3 and with a ton of diskspace available. So hopefully at least one of them plays nice :p

DannyMeister

UT3 Jailbreak Coder
Dec 11, 2002
Bolivar, Missouri
Maybe you can spot if things look OK in your Logs\Launch.log file. It should show you all the ini files that get loaded and possibly some warnings or errors that could be relevant.