So like, Anartica broke and stuff...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

N1ghtmare

Sweet Dreams
Jul 17, 2005
Where least expected
We are not the ones setting up our grandchildren to die of excessive heat.

Even if global warming is only a minor phase in our planet and the temperatures will cool again, I don't see a problem in replacing our current CO2 giving cars with alternative solutions like Hydrogen. Our oil supplies are going to run out eventually.

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
It wasn't Global warming people it was.........

29pyk3b.jpg

yea that guy!
IHAZANAKORN!!

Steyr

I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!
Apr 1, 2005
On the internets
^LOL

Back on topic, I think that at this point, global warming is pretty much undeniable. As to the cause, It could have a lot to do with us or nothing to do with us at all. The earth does go through natural hot and cold cycles (Ice age, anyone?)

However, regardless of why it's happening, it's probably pretty damn important that we do something about it if we plan to continue living on this planet for any amount of time.

There's an interesting article on the subject at popular science. Some of the posed solutions are pretty plausible, but of course some are ROFL hi-larious. Giant space mirrors, anyone?

Adelheid

Bernstein
Jan 23, 2008
Nowhere.
Iron Archer:

So a big chunk of ice collapses and you think it was caused by a volcano that has not errupted for 2000 years?

The thickness of ice above the ash layer provided an estimate of the date of the eruption: 207 B.C., give or take 240 years.

On Topic:

I think the Space Mirror is a cool idea myself :D

Last edited:

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
I call BS.

http://www.enhancedperfection.com/?p=33

We have absolutely no information on how common a break of this size really is. For all we know this happens every year. This appears to me to be exactly like the story I mention in my article. They blow statistics that are completely normal, and turn them around to make it sound like the world is going to flood.

I really just can't stand it anymore. The mainstream media is skewing everything, and the lot of you are sucking it up like fools. I didn't see any story from the media when it was proven that 1934 not 1998 is the hottest year on record. No TV station has said anything about the current story where scientists are saying that temperatures have evened out. No, instead we get a story about ice melting that in all likelihood means absolutely nothing.

Last edited:

Iron Archer

Holy ****ing King of Trolls
Mar 23, 2000
Obamaland
brushing his teeth just seemed like a good idea since Deepsy is currently 1) spouting copious amouns of bull****e and 2) living in a country that has bad dental hygiene, or at least a broken medical system.

I'm at the same time perplexed and amused that the people that just eat this global warming fearmongering up are the same people that accuse anti-terrorist people or politicians of being fearmongers. You sheep simply believe it because it's the subject du-jour that is being paraded by your figureheads.

It's really rather sly too. Claim that global warming is caused by man. Tax the people to "fix" the problem and then when the cycle is on the downward curve, temperature-wise, claim that your "programs" were a great success. At the end of the day, the taxes and programs stay in place and will continue to generate money regardless of the status of global warming. You guys pretend that big corporations aren't in on this deal as well. There are profits to be made on this supposed endless global warming too.

And guess what, you can justify anything you want when you say "oh it's going to affect your children". People will line up to be shot, willingly, when you use that kind of nonsense.

Jonathan

Mar 19, 2006
[VaLkyR]Assassin;2106110 said:
Omg, Ice breaks off during Antarctic summer shocker!

x1,000,000,000

"Hey, I'm Al Gore, and I'll get back in the political lime light no matter how many things I have to make up!"

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
Maybe people should shut the hell up about who or what caused it and realize that this is the situation we are in: global temperature trends are going up, ice at the poles is melting and this could have serious consequences for everyone on this planet. Nobody can wave their magic wand and make this go away, and even if we are able to reverse any effects we have had, I don't think it would happen before we are already dealing with the results of these 'climate changes'.

Jonathan

Mar 19, 2006
Your assumption is that we are the reason for changes in weather/climate. I guess we also caused "global cooling" in the 70s.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZSqXUSwHRI

<Al Gore>: "Teh global warming is true! I'm not doing this to get political attention just to TAKE BACK THE WHITEHOUSE WHICH WAS STOLEN FROM ME. . .oh, sorry, anyway, I <3 polar bears, and they're the one's suffering through all of this. I'll do whatever it takes to shut down companies that give jobs to people that need money to feed their families, because at the end of the day, it's the POLAR BEARS that matter, and WE ALL KNOW that Water World is the truth!"
Al_Gore_Blows.jpg

mr-freeze.jpg

al-gore-academy-awards.jpg

"Save teh polar bears!"

Last edited:

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
Let me restate that, you're assumption is that global warming is true.

That better? :D

It is not an assumption. Scientists have observed that average temperatures have gone up around the globe in the past several years. It's an observed phenomenon, it is happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.