GeForce2 vs Voodoo5

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Clayeth

Classic
Apr 10, 2000
Kentucky
Most benchmarks you read now are using VERY high end CPU's. In these tests, the processors make up for differences in the video cards. If you were to test using a 500mhz processor instead of a 900mhz, the GeForce 2 should have a larger lead.

Kukuman

HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT
Mar 27, 2000
Bothell, WA
Clayeth, that's why two of my friends and I started realsystems.ws. Of course, it's just started, we have no content, and nothing to benchmark =P

RW, I'm glad to see you didn't take that seriously! I have a knack for making things seem so serious...arrgh! I gotta start including Nali phrases in my messages. Habouji! Batai D'va!

bullet2.gif

Kukuman|PuF

Clayeth

Classic
Apr 10, 2000
Kentucky
This argument could go on forever. But the bottom line is, that nobody really knows how all this will turn out. You can't go wrong with either card, so if anyone is looking at this thread to make a decision on which to buy, don't worry too much. Neither card would be a bad choice.

And Kukuman: I'm glad there's someone who's going to be testing things that way.

[This message has been edited by Clayeth054 (edited 05-21-2000).]

Crash99

May 14, 2000
Visit site
I used to have a voodoo 3000 and I must say that as a "bloke" that a bought a GeForce ddr, I am much happier now...I like the 32 bit color...The 64 meg GeForce 2 Gts is expensive, but I think it will be a much nicer card than the 5500's even if it costs an extra $120. Personally, I would just wait til all the cards are on the shelves and heavily tested, then make the leap to which one better suits your needs...