Defense Invasion Released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Raffi_B

Administrator
Oct 27, 2002
USA
Resident has released a nifty little gametype for UT2004 called Defense Invasion, which modifies the regular Invasion gametype in a small but critical way. Here's more:
This is a little modification of the Invasion mode. In this Gametype, the Monsters respawn in different locations than the Playerstarts. The Monsters will respawn in one of the edges of the map and your mission is to prevent them for advancing further in the map, in a "Defend this position" style of maps.
You can download the file here.

MechMantis

Veteren Newbie
Apr 22, 2004
500th moon of Saturn
Raffi_B said:
Resident has released a nifty little gametype for UT2004 called Defense Invasion, which modifies the regular Invasion gametype in a small but critical way. Here's more:

You can download the file here.

Uhhh... don't you host something essentually like that? Made by the Fraghouse Mod Team? :p

Resident

Sep 20, 2004
Spain
Some things about my gametype...

Hello everybody :)

A minute ago i had the idea of posting here also but i see it's on BeyondUnreal's news lol :2thumb: Thanks for that.
Can i ask for having the file hosted here also? :rolleyes:

Some things I wanted to say :

- I do know about the FHI Mod hosted here in BU. This Mod and my gametype share the same initial idea. I asked for some kind of "opinion" to one co-founder, coder and mapper of the FHI, and he said, very kindly, to go ahead with my idea.
As you will see, it's only a little modification, no major enhacements in weapons or this kind of stuff.

- This is my "vision" of the Invasion Gametype. I had the idea while playing Invasion online and watching people in maps like DM-Antalus or DM-Phobos2. In advanced waves, people tend to stay in some positions in a kind of "Defense this position" attitude. .... (In DM-Antalus is that place with the Shock Rifle and the UDamage ;) ) And with this idea in mind i decided to create this Gametype.

- As far as i know, the gametype is hosted in one server : 83.142.49.8:7777
It's a Spanish server, so expect some spanish voice chat there...
A guy e-mailed me a few days ago and perhaps it will be hosted also in his soon-to-be-live server.
If you play offline, the bots react surprisingly good with the "attack / defend the base" command. And of course with the "cover me" and "Hold this position" commands.

- I have in progress two more maps but im unsure about when i will release them. If the next weekends im on a "Mapping Spree" perhaps i will release them shortly :) But i am also making an AS level so... everything takes time.

That's it. Hope you like the Gametype! :)

Resident.

Last edited:
S

Super-Moose

FluXs said:
Pimping your mod in a thread about somebody else's similar mod?
That's not lame. NooOOOooo.
rolleyes.gif

Resident

Sep 20, 2004
Spain
FluXs said:
Hmm, this is similar to our mod

Defence Alliance 2
www.planetunreal.com/da

lol :) i guess the "fight against the aliens" is a quite common theme ... the FHI Mod, there was a thing called "InvasionPlus" or something like that for UT2004, somebody told me in the INA forums that a guy called "rens2sea" did something similar also...
I didn't know this one, i have looked at the site and looks nice. GL with it :)

Resident.

D

Dragonsol

Resident yours maps are very cool :p (Resident is in my clan *CDA*) In the server Public 14 people you can found the "mod" DEF-Invasion. The download direct coming soon :p because i must upload 3 gb to web (maps skins etc).

Resident&CDA forever :talking:

FluXs

old skool
Feb 12, 2002
United Kingdom
Resident said:
lol :) i guess the "fight against the aliens" is a quite common theme ... the FHI Mod, there was a thing called "InvasionPlus" or something like that for UT2004, somebody told me in the INA forums that a guy called "rens2sea" did something similar also...
I didn't know this one, i have looked at the site and looks nice. GL with it :)

Resident.

Actually we Did Defence Alliance on UT99 hence Defence Alliance 2
Its common now thanks to the Invasion mod, so everyone thinks DA2 is just a mod of Invasion :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Zenny

I'm gonna steal your girlfriend.
Mar 14, 2003
Washington DC
For those that don't know spainish, The above post says something to the effect of: Many people have played this mod and they cannot stop playing it. CONGRATULATIONS! (I'm not sure on the very begining, some kind of salutation)

G

Gorexxx

I've downloaded the Gametype and is good, really good. I think i'm becoming a Claustrophobia addict. Nice use of lights there. Good work."

P

Piochter

nice type map , i like so much ,, good job resident ,, and keep doing that

Claustrophobia is the best , :p

Unreal Rlz------""Piochter""-------