Make People Like UT3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Fuzz

Enigma
Jan 19, 2008
Universe
Free with a GeForce GTX280? That could do the trick. GeForce 9800GTX+ PhysX seems too weak. I can't get it to run at acceptable frame rates.

Fuzz

Enigma
Jan 19, 2008
Universe
Did the v2.0 patch with the Titan pack make people like UT3?

There are so many new maps and mods releasing day after the other. Are more and more people meeting acceptable system requirements as we speak?

Poker

Anus Retentus
Apr 17, 2006
Yes, for about, um, 2 weeks. :/

The phase 3 rush has been nice though. Thanks again to all you talented boys and girls for your efforts. :tup:

Sos_your_face

how you become manta?
Dec 8, 2008
S. Florida
www.clan-bge.com
Yeah it made a difference alright. Now the game is even more dead than before. :crysmile:

Yup, after the initial rush, the game has now reached an unrecognizable state. Personally, I messed around with the Titan crud for a month or so, and after that realized that after 18 months my desire to play was no longer there. Seems I'm not the only one. The 2.0/Titan pack didn't deliver anything of substance. It didn't deliver a single serious map for any gametype. The Titan mutator is a joke upon all of us. The server browser counting bots as players was a thumb in our eyes. And now Warfare, the only gametype I really care about, has been ruined for pub play by the orb no longer showing on the minimap after the first round. UMG, the original place for skilled Warfare players to meet is now a ghost town, and anyone looking to play a game in NA must go to the Epic server #2, which has up to 18 bots on it depending on how many human players you have. Of course, there are no admins for the server, so racist pricks and chat spammers have free reign.

[/rant]

I still play scrims and matches because my buddies are counting on me. Otherwise it would be L4D all day every day.

Here's to hoping they do UT4 right (as in please don't release a beta and call it a game). I'll play it either way, probably for another 18 months. I just enjoy having other people to play against, so I'm crossing my fingers.

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
Yup, after the initial rush, the game has now reached an unrecognizable state. Personally, I messed around with the Titan crud for a month or so, and after that realized that after 18 months my desire to play was no longer there. Seems I'm not the only one. The 2.0/Titan pack didn't deliver anything of substance. It didn't deliver a single serious map for any gametype. The Titan mutator is a joke upon all of us.
I disagree with all of this. There are several good maps, I still find titan fun (though I don't use it every time), and both greed and betrayal were quite enjoyable (I still see people playing greed, but betrayal seems to be the ghost town now, not sure why- I think it's great)

-n7-

May 12, 2006
Edmonton, AB

There are so many new maps and mods releasing day after the other. Are more and more people meeting acceptable system requirements as we speak?

No.

It gave it an initial boost for maybe two weeks...

Then it went back to being dead again, except now it's even more dead than it was before. :(

I've been pretty much done with UT3 for a long while now. L4D sucks up my gaming time too well...

It pains me to say this, but i think the great days of Unreal games are over.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I haven't noticed the game being more dead than before. There are two populated non-IG CTF servers most times of the day whereas before there was zero non-IG and only a couple IG.

Dogger

Oct 4, 2004
Two servers, sounds booming. Almost as awesome as the only 2 Vctf servers that run suspense all the time. The game is laughable, and the only people left to defend the game are in denial.

d3tox

Face down in a pool of his own vomit.
Apr 8, 2008
Two servers, sounds booming. Almost as awesome as the only 2 Vctf servers that run suspense all the time. The game is laughable, and the only people left to defend the game are in denial.

Denial? Maybe.

But Ut3 with a limited player base > tactical shooter X.

My opinion of course....

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Denial? Maybe.

But Ut3 with a limited player base > tactical shooter X.

My opinion of course....
This.

And also 2 servers is better than zero. Frankly, there only need to be enough players to satisfy you. Who cares if a game has 10,000 players if they are all playing something that you despise?

Unknown Target

Jan 22, 2008
Yea, RIP UT3. We did a LAN run after the Titan pack came out, I was the last UT3 diehard on the board running it...and even I have to admit it just isn't worth it. We didn't even have enough people to get 5 or 6 teams for a CTF tourney, we ended up doing a DM boil-off - and even then people bitched about UT3 crashing on them all the time or something. And my partner ended up spending 95% of the LAN before the tourney just trying to get the server to work - you know, no Linux client = we had to run it on Vista, and it took him ages to get everything set up and web admin running.

So no more UT3 at our LANs. Bye UT3, was fun :( I'll still play you sometimes but yea...dead :(

Forgetful

Here is party?
Sep 21, 2003
Winnipeg, Canada
Visit site
I love Unreal DM and CTF, but I think the vehicle gametypes are just terrible. I mean don't get me wrong, they are cool.

Between the map glitches, the vehicle balance, and the overall gameplay warfare and vehicle greed are just useless imo.

This game has some great competitive value, but a) barley anyone knows about it and b)its WAY to late in the game to start getting behind it with any sort of site or actual competitive league.

Look at the gaint media blitz that GoW recieved. That's why the game succesful. If the next generation (if there is one) of Unreal Tournament got that kind of push you would see a lot of people playing it too. I hate to think it, but with the success of GoW Unreal doesn't need to be the technology showcase it once was.

Last edited:

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
This.

And also 2 servers is better than zero. Frankly, there only need to be enough players to satisfy you. Who cares if a game has 10,000 players if they are all playing something that you despise?
this-
As long as there are enough people playing that there is always a server of some sort that you can join to get a game, it's fine. And there is. UT3 doesn't have the exposure that Valve's multiplayer games do, but that's just fine. the smaller UT3 community is closer-knit, and has a smaller percentage of douchebags in my opinion.

FuLLBLeeD

fart
Jan 23, 2008
Kansas
awwsmack.org
As someone who still actively plays UT3 let me say this:

The game's dead. UT is dead forever and is never coming back.

That's being said there is no reason we can enjoy the small community we have here. Too bad said "community" is mostly full of pubbies that vote Biohazard and Fearless every other map.

e: And the Hedsteem morons.