servers ?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

striderdm1

AppleCrypt Mods
Hey everyone, I'm looking for servers to play the latest FHI5 on. But i cannot find any :-( The server window does see one though it's always showing the same map and ping is N/A.. but it's never more than this, very odd. I've tried the IPs mentioned on the webpage but these don't connect!

What IPs are people connecting too - I've never played this game online! :shock:

TIA, Strider.

Kaithofis

The Seldom Seen Kid
Hey there!

You'll have to take in to account the fact that the mod is almost a year old now. Not only that, but the game the mod is for is over 4 years old now. With that in mind, it's not that odd that there are no servers. The list of servers on the site was made back in September. We've been kinda lax in our duties, so sorry for not cleaning it up.

Anyway, I hope you'll still enjoy the mod (despite the lack of online play). Maybe someday things will pick up again, who knows?

striderdm1

AppleCrypt Mods
That would be superb, FHI makes a fantastic coop experience. I know 'invasion' servers are out there, but i was looking for specific fh ones.. It's a shame, i was playing Killing Floor the other night and there was 6 of us. Amazing fun!

It's a HUGE shame that the same support isn't there for this wonderful mod :-(

Thanks for replying. Appreciated :)

Strider

Kiros

//KiroS
May 19, 2006
Louisiana, USA
Funny thing, actually. I used to run a server 24/7. It was a little popular I guess, but it was hard to get in because I could only host for 6 people with the client rate at 5500. I also hosted with UT2004RPG.

At any rate, I'm working on fixing just a few things with my computer. When I find time to mess with server settings and get things going again, I'll start it back up. Now, with about 110KB/s upload speed, I'll be able to host for 10 people with client rate at 10000.

I would have also liked some fixes for the 5.0 version, but everytime I tried to contact Parser, he was inactive (probably because of uni or personal stuff).

striderdm1

AppleCrypt Mods
Good news there and i thank you for this :)
I've been attempting to set up a server myself. I've only got an upload speed of 60k/sec though (download is 1.2mb/sec). I've done this last night in the mod Killing Floor and one guy connected - it finally worked! So I think i've got the open ports correct this time on the router.....

I did the same thing for FHI5 today, left it for a couple of hours. Well, actually I went downstairs and started to eat and watch tv. So technically I forgot..ahem.. anyhow no one joined.

I did notice jerky/lagg yesterday on KF and there was only the two of us. So i guess my attempts aren't really worth it unless i've a decent connection like yourself?

I enjoy games like FHI5, KF, LMS4 (doom3) and IS82 (bf1942). They all have servers and players and they're for older games too. It's just a huge shame that amongst the squillions of servers for ut2004 not one is a real FHI5 :-(

Strider

Kiros

//KiroS
May 19, 2006
Louisiana, USA
Alrighty.

At any rate, I used to host with a 384KB/s down and 32KB/s up - AT BEST. It was my tweaking of the server ini file that allowed me to get 6 people on my server.

Now I have a 1200KB/s down and 128KB/s up connection - without my brother on his MMORPG. With my brother playing Eve Online, it's usually about 1000KB/s down and 110KB/s up. ;)

I was editing the FHI.u file to fix a few bugs, but I'll go ahead and replace it with the original for compatability issues - plus, I've forgotten what the hell I've edited.

I've got some work to finish up on my website for about the next 5-7 days, so after the major work is finished, I can set asside time to start this up again. Thanks for the interest, guys.

Kiros

//KiroS
May 19, 2006
Louisiana, USA
lol I just found this in the FHIv5 installation I have.

Bug Fixes.txt
Done - Fix FHMonsterController from accessing none during HearNoise function
Done - Fix FHI (CheckEndGame) from causing a team to lose a game when boss dies

Ideas.txt
Done - Fix bots so they don't yell "Same team" bit if friendly fire isn't on

Not much has been done, and I guess I can live without the fixes until compiler comes back. ;)