Tribes: Ascend

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
The amount of XP I got in a few hours was ridiculous in contrast without event.

Too bad it doesn't stack up with earnings, some of them give 4.5k XP, if you double that, plus the VIP/Double bonus and game time.. lulz.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I usually get around 5500XP a game at the moment, but since the double XP event I'm getting around 8000XP :D

Time to farm xp son. D:

I'd get the phase and jackal.

Right now I'm just switching back and forth with Path/Doom/Raider

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
I've got the Jackal, but I'm using the Stealthfusor - it's quite rewarding. I keep finding myself behaving like a Pathfinder, but having the added advantage of stealth and grenades over the extra energy.

Juggalo Kyle

Sup brah.
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Cali
Just unlocked the Raider. It's pretty cool, but I have to get used to playing different from the Soldier. I'm used to the Thumper, not stickies.

BTW, What gametype do you guys like the best? I've been playing the hell out of Capture and Hold. Love the constant action and jumping from base to base.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
I used to play Capture and Hold when I was fairly new, but it's too hevay-class centric on our local servers now (played today and it was 90% heavy classes). I stick to CTF, since the roles have to be more varied, although I only ended up playing C&H today on account of ending up on a CTF team with 12 infiltrators versus an enemy team that also seemed to entirely consist of infiltrators.

I'm hoping the noobs balance their class chocies out more soon.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
So many nubs on.

And I've unlocked the Jackal, it really/barely can "2 shot" a heavy if all the stick shots are on it. Loving it so far.

Bi()ha2arD

Toxic!
Jun 29, 2009
Germany
phobos.qml.net
Bad times to be had.

If you're a flag capper you will understand.

Agreed.

I bought the plasma yesterday. It's still overpowered imo. Second time I used it i got The Hurtlocker with 45 kills when I joined the game late. Had like 15 Hotairs too. The hitbox is still ridiculous. I get direct hits and see the projectile exploding a meter next to someone midair. I can't imagine how overpowered that thing must have been pre-patch.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
It's been nerfed twice. The weapon is fundamentally flawed because the refire rate and amount of damage per shot just makes it really mean; it does the same damage as the smaller spinfusors with 3 times the rate of fire :(

So many nubs on.

And I've unlocked the Jackal, it really/barely can "2 shot" a heavy if all the stick shots are on it. Loving it so far.

You don't need to two shot a heavy, and when you get used to it, it really is that good. Three projectiles that do 480 damage each is not to be sniffed at. What you want to do is stay stealthed, sticky them, then hit them with the Jackal at short range. 480+480+480+1200 = 2640 damage, or enough to kill any class, and most unupgraded heavies even if one shot misses.

Even if you fail to kill with the Jackal, the Arctic Rhino dishes out 180 damage per hit for finishing them off.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I've been trying the sticky nade/jackal combo yes, only works on nub heavies, usually better players move way to the beeping sound the sticky makes.

I can't imagine how overpowered that thing must have been pre-patch.

OP enough to make the entire server/forums/reddit cry/complain about it.

The plasma is op if you land direct hits yes. I rarely see decent players use it, I'm guessing they won't do it to stay out of shame... or something.