Does Bulletstorm PC Use GFWL?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
Threads are still being closed at the Epic Games Forums without comments.

MEH.

I was gonna give them the chance and get this game, but it's this whole attitude that I am against so you've just lost me.

Enjoy your power trip while you can Flak.
The fact that Beyond Unreal is a fansite, Hal and co. give us a lot of latitude because they aren't selling a product. As long as we individually do not get out of hand, it's all good. But, over on Epic's forums, they are official boards for their products. Add in the large number of very young and immature users, and you have the makings of a nasty place if proper moderation and rules are not enforced. Threads can and do get out of control over there in short order. Stacey is not the only admin or moderator that closes down threads; considering what she has to work with, she does a commendable job at maintaining some semblance of order.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
I guess that problem should be fixed by now. I haven't heard of it in recent GFWL PC games like Batman: AA.

Last edited:

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
Lynx is a game tester, so he HAS had problems with GFWL on pre-release versions of games. :)
well, I'm not in QA anymore, I'm among those who sends builds to QA, but I still have to deal with these.
final version of what game?
any game I encountered on both platforms. "Non-final" being games in development - mostly beta-versions.

Last edited:

Vaginal Epiphany

Jun 11, 2010
Threads are still being closed at the Epic Games Forums without comments.

MEH.

I was gonna give them the chance and get this game, but it's this whole attitude that I am against so you've just lost me.

Enjoy your power trip while you can Flak.

Maybe this is just marketing? Any publicity is good publicity, isn't it?

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Again, for me, the issue has little to do with GFWL itself (since I have had relatively few problems with it myself, though the issues I mentioned above are still important).

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
I understand about keeping the place in order, but come on. My replies were more inflammatory then the strong majority of things posted in the GFWL threads over there.
Power trip? Get real!
Actually, yeah.
You said, "don't worry" and closed it (That was ok then.) Turns out you are wrong though because BigDownload said they received an e-mail from you (Epic) confirming the GFWL usage (Not blaming you for that, how could you have known considering your position at Epic.)
However you are not allowing anyone to voice their concerns by closing and deleted threads.
Idk, that fits my description. Just saying. Deleting doesn't make the problem go away. Maybe they (the higher ups) want you to delete and lock... But then it's their power trip still.
On the outside it looks like you are again ignoring people on the PC. Why? Obviously not everyone is OK with GFWL usage considering what's happened with your past game that used it (as well as with other games) but posting that question on your forum gets locked regardless of how the question was posed.
Especially when people made the remark that Steamworks has been integrated in UE3 and yet there's no talk of using it for Bulletstorm at all.
I can understand if GFWL usage is still in consideration and not final, but you as a company haven't said anything regarding that and it has a bunch of us rightfully worried. The fact that we can't pose that question on your forums without getting moderated doesn't help in us not worrying.

I hope you understand.

Flak

I am Gamer, hear me Pwn. RAWR
May 26, 2004
You're more than welcome to voice your concerns. Honest. You're not allowed however to insult other members because they don't agree with you. That thread became a flame war and those are closed.

BTW: I hate that you guys won't play GFWL games. You're missing out on a good one. I don't have any trouble with GWFL for Gears, SF4, Flatout, and Blacklight.

Last edited:

Grobut

Комиссар Гробут
Oct 27, 2004
Soviet Denmark
BTW: I hate that you guys won't play GFWL games. You're missing out on a good one. I don't have any trouble with GWFL for Gears, SF4, Flatout, and Blacklight.

Which is why you guy's probably shoulden't use universally disliked middle ware in the first placed, see also Gamespy which nobody was happy with.

I don't think anyone wants GFWL, some may not find it enough reason to sway their opinion, whilst others do, but GWFL adds nothing of value to the experiance or product, and will only lead to fewer sales from thouse of us who hate it.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net

If GFWL offered absolutely anything to the player, there might not be as much of a backlash, but as it stands it's completely redundant to the player experience and just adds an extra layer of bloated middleware to deal with.

Let us not also forget that GFWL is only even available in 35 countries in the world to date - even cutting out half of Europe. Big American companies seem to keep forgetting this.

Last edited:

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Guys - this thread isn't about the Epic Games forums. Let's let that thread of this conversation die, please.

You're more than welcome to voice your concerns. Honest. You're not allowed however to insult other members because they don't agree with you. That thread became a flame war and those are closed.

Speaking only for myself here, but I dislike GFWL though I've yet to let that dissuade me from making a purchase of a game I really like.

Having said that, I don't like the clunky interface or the horrible way it updates. As a platform, its services are limited and it seems vastly inferior to Steam.

From a marketing standpoint, I'm sure going with Microsoft's solution is attractive and I do know that GFWL is more appreciated by those that game heavily with the 360 due to the points/achievements. It also probably won't hinder people much from accessing BulletStorm's limited player-number multiplayer modes. So it's not a deal-killer for me, but I'd prefer not having to use it.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
People are worried about GFWL. I am worried about the -possible- lack of mod support.
I'd like to make this skeptical point of view go away at some point, it's been hard to find the true benefits of PC gaming in recent games lately.

Last edited:

DarkEmperor

Buried By The Dead
Mar 22, 2002
Visit site
Epic bought out People Can Fly -a true PC developer- and forced them to work for consoles... I say abandon Epic once and for all as they have already abandoned you long ago.

Flak

I am Gamer, hear me Pwn. RAWR
May 26, 2004
You must know something I don't. Did I miss something?