TF2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

FlashIV

King of the Impossible
Oct 30, 2005
Illi-noise
The Steam boards are blowing up. I'm going to have to give the new updates a try before I pass judgement. I use the demoman quite a bit, should be interesting.

Zarniwoop

is cool
Jan 20, 2008
Ceredigion, UK
Didn't play either of the classes regularly, but personally I never saw the problem with the amount rocket ammo, though the nade spam could get annoying.

[xF]PR3D470R

My Vengeance Is Everlasting
Jan 20, 2004
KC
I'm thinking about giving this game a go next week (I've had the Orange Box since November). Any good advice to try and dull the learning curve?

Big-Al

amateur de bière
Jun 14, 2003
Under a black flag.
www.ttrgame.com
I'm thinking about giving this game a go next week (I've had the Orange Box since November). Any good advice to try and dull the learning curve?

watch your back for spys, don't forget to call for medics, and keep behind cover! and shoot friendly team mates who you suspect of being spies. it won't hurt them if they arent.:)

[xF]PR3D470R

My Vengeance Is Everlasting
Jan 20, 2004
KC
watch your back for spys, don't forget to call for medics, and keep behind cover! and shoot friendly team mates who you suspect of being spies. it won't hurt them if they arent.:)

What would be the best class for a beginner? I've heard Scout or Soldier are pretty good, but Medics aren't bad either.

Thanks for the advice :):tup:

FlashIV

King of the Impossible
Oct 30, 2005
Illi-noise
What would be the best class for a beginner? I've heard Scout or Soldier are pretty good, but Medics aren't bad either.

Thanks for the advice :):tup:

Medics are easy but you have to know what you are doing, or else you'll probably just make your teammates angry. You really need to use the voice chat if you play medic. Scout is pretty straight forward with his "shotgun", pistol, and double-jumping...he also counts as 2 people if standing on a capture point. Soldier would be another decent choice for starting out. More health than the scout and your standard issue rocket launcher and shotgun, he's really slow though.

I played a lot of the spy when I started out. You can go out on your own and don't have to worry much about teamwork. Though I started playing during the beta when spies were easy to play and it wasn't too hard to fool the enemy. Nowadays though, everyone (engineers and pyros in particular) are very paranoid and "spy-check" a lot.

Just keep an eye on teammates to see what they're doing. Where they're running, shooting, setting up sentries, etc...