Unreal:Return to Napali 2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dozey

The Cleaner of Sunspire, Mapper
Well I got to see the screenshots now as someone showed them to me. But still you should post them here too. I think it doesn't look bad, just the lighting is odd and also some plant placement seems unnatural, they don't grow in straight lines normally on the rocks, that would be really bizzare. Also it seems you used many unreal brushes, but it is not bad at all, yesh shocked!

thanks man for your opinion ;) - You are one of the most important users who know their job ;p i'll refix plants and other things

Last edited:

Spiderwhisperer

May 17, 2011
unreal quest mode

Hi:I am looking for that game unreal return to napali,where can i find this game,and whats the title of the 1st game please,thankyou.

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
first game was called just "Unreal". Both Unreal and Unreal: Return to Na-Pali are included in what is now called Unreal Gold.
You can get it either on Steam or on GOG.com. If you want to get a retail copy, you can try searching amazon for Unreal Gold or Unreal Anthology which includes Unreal Gold.

Dozey

I've updated my first post for good viewing of project. First I would like to thx for Leo T.C.K for giving me mhuman cńde that it's base of non-attacking-playerpawn bot class. There is the main problem with coding. We need the UMS Marine that is covering and defending player (similar like marine from Unreal 2 The Awakening). There will be three types of marine: heavy, medium, light. Light marine will have a normal mesh from RTN. Medium will be more fatness, heavier and a bit bigger. The heavy will be taller than the biggest Skaarj: Exo-suit will be the best resolution vs light vehicles. So we need a someone who will help us with marines (as I've sayed - we have got a core script to do with this, but most of our squad is dumb in coding except mentalhunter but he is coding weapons). If someone is interested - please do not hestitate to contact with me.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
It's really simple to do that, all you need is someone to set mesh, animations and sounds for the subclass and you are done. It doesn't require an uscript expert to do it. Btw, there is alcapowned who might be able to do it for you, try asking him, he did the PS2 characters conversions and animated them. He's on this forum too.

I mean, the characters will follow you and attack enemies by default anyway if it will be subclass of the codes i gave you, you can also set them through properties to stay, it is like the onp followers, in fact the script was based on that.

Last edited:

Dozey

It's really simple to do that, all you need is someone to set mesh, animations and sounds for the subclass and you are done. It doesn't require an uscript expert to do it. Btw, there is alcapowned who might be able to do it for you, try asking him, he did the PS2 characters conversions and animated them. He's on this forum too.

I mean, the characters will follow you and attack enemies by default anyway if it will be subclass of the codes i gave you, you can also set them through properties to stay, it is like the onp followers, in fact the script was based on that.

nali players could be attacking too?

Dozey

... who don't lose touch with reality. The reactions are based on experience. They have seen similar projects like those several times (specially sadly by mapping beginners). One day you will understand.

Yeap I've understood...
And now I know that I'll finish it even that final effect will be poor, ugly and useless. The best thing in this mod is that we are making smth. Not like other that are playing with no life 24/7h - we are creating new world... Maybe with some ready elements. ;] I am proud frow my project and people that are helping me to make it to the end. I won't let this cause if I would cancel this, I won't be different than no-life's.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
nali players could be attacking too?

Yes and there are already helper nali pawns in ONP and Nali chronicles, you could use that for refernce as well, combined with the code I provided since it includes various fixes and it follows player without need for custom playerpawn like at ONP.

Dozey

Yes and there are already helper nali pawns in ONP and Nali chronicles, you could use that for refernce as well, combined with the code I provided since it includes various fixes and it follows player without need for custom playerpawn like at ONP.

wow! So your code made revolution in unreal 1! At last we are able to pass game with friendly paxns :)

Do you have some script with weapons???

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
So Leo? Have you got smth?
And do you know someone who can help me with coding new weapons?

I wasn't here at all, just returned today. As for someone who can help you code new weapons, I don't know, try Gizzy, or just ask for help in oldunreal forums or at other places.

I don't even get what you meant about the script with weapons in first place, didn't know you wanted a new weapon script, but I don't really have any by myself now.

Dozey

I wasn't here at all, just returned today. As for someone who can help you code new weapons, I don't know, try Gizzy, or just ask for help in oldunreal forums or at other places.

I don't even get what you meant about the script with weapons in first place, didn't know you wanted a new weapon script, but I don't really have any by myself now.

ok thank's Leo.

Dozey

First of all I would sorry for writing in dead topic.

Then I would like to ask (about recrutation):

Everyone is making something in project. For example I made a maps and guns for RTN2NW, MarcinBBlack is animating them and making new weapons and new stuffs also (he's a main modeler)
Gregaras is mapping levels and scripting weapons (maybe he'll script also a few pawns) - He is also forced to making a project for Mobile Forces game (U1 engine and it got vehicles!!!)
Skaarj Slayer is now mapper too. He and I will make the most difficult levels in project.
Blu3Hazz is mapper and modeler too - he will make medium and heavy UMS Space Marine

And there is a question - Is there someone who is enough strong to code some pawns?? They are not difficult to code but every one from our team has got something to do and some little help is needed a lot. So if someone is interested in coding - write to me or post in this thread. Thank you a lot anyway. :)