DM-Perihelion Released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
It's a real treat seeing some of the great levels that are still being released to this day for the great Unreal Tournament. I'm always amazed at what they can do with the good old engine. The latest is a custom level by Aalexanderrr (aka PsyXandeR) and it is called DM-Perihelion

I originally wanted to make a CTF map but seeing that 1\2 of CTF layout pretty much exceeds about 2\3 of Ued Node Limit, I decided to go for DM arena.

So take a look at these sweet screenshots -

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
node limit? would think it wouldnt be too hard to cut down on the number of nodes used...

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Unreal Engine 1 until the heart stops on beat'in!

Pretty neat though, got to handle that to him. Pretty darn comparable to HOLP quality (which is UE3)

Last edited:

Vaginal Epiphany

Jun 11, 2010
[NBK]Rattman;2494141 said:
That looks unbelievable for UT

Yeah, it looks great, but there have been maps that look even more unbelievable for UT. DM-Kamah by Creavion, for example. Still can't wrap my head around how he managed to pull that map off.

Lruce Bee

Transcending to another level
May 3, 2001
Sherwood Forest
Keep up the great work Aalexanderrr.
Really nice to see content still being churned out after all this time.
Tells you a lot about the longevity and community spirit that still survives for this great game.
It is showing it's age nowadays though.

Hideinlight

May 12, 2008
lags with the normal directx renderer. Works fine and looks more than fine with the dx10 renderer. Looks better than some UDK maps lol.