My XDSL seems to actually be working.. Odd...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

the real pacman

Gwen's my hoe
Sep 1, 2000
Well after about 4 formatting incidents and my third NIC card I am now able to play games again and even obtain a different IP at will!! Well things can't be so sweet can they? This all started when I tried to install Diablo 2 and I am about to give it my last and final attempt to play the damn game online. Wish me luck because if it doesn't work I fear that I will destroy my PC out of anger.

P.S. THIS IS MY ****ING 3RD NIC CARD!!

upso.gif
Ã￾ Äm tHÃ¥ MâsTõÖ® RøxXõ®

Ballistophobia

Hedonistic Forum Panacea
Jul 15, 2000
Middlesex, NJ USA
goatse.cx
hmm

I only needed one NIC card. I got a 3Com NIC and a 3Com cable modem. I love this thing. I can get over a meg a sec. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
I usually get like 700 k/sec on DLs. Napster is great with it,I get most songs in 5 secs or so. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I had some probs with the card though Mega. I am experiencing one as I type this. For some reason,the USB plug for the card,or the card itself,causes anomalies and pops in anything mpeg based. Play an mp3,pops constantly,play a DVD,TONS of pops. As soon as I unplug is,no more pops. That is why I hope companies don't choose to use the mp3 format for sounds in games cuz when I play em online,that **** would be annoying. Gun fire with all kinds of static sounding pops would just ruin a game. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

the real pacman

Gwen's my hoe
Sep 1, 2000
My NIC that actually works is 4 years old

The NIC that I actually got working in this damn thing believe it or not, I got it from a second hand PC repair shop. It is
/start drumroll
D-LINK 10/100 ISA ETHERNET COLTROLER!
/me grins
I never thought that the new stuff was the problem. This one costed me only $4.99, and Canadian funds at that! LOL

upso.gif

Kung-FuGrip

Aug 8, 2000
Haha I had that same card

Man what a POS!I think it's time for a new card Mega.I also tried a 3COM,but that sucked as well.
I have an Intel 82557 Pro PCI 10/100 now and I ain't goin back ; )

the real pacman

Gwen's my hoe
Sep 1, 2000
well mine is working just fine and its gonna stay that way as long as I'm around.

upso.gif