UT Cache Cleaner

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

aeuzent

Oct 24, 2005
I ran into a problem with the UT Cache Cleaner for the original Unreal Tournament. It looked like the program of my dreams. Save all those great maps and mods I download so I can play em with bots at my own convience. And for awhile things were great and everyone was happy.

Then some mod that shouldn't have been installed was and now I can't play Unreal Tournament at all. I don't even know which one it was so it's not like I can go digging through the file directories to delete it manually and I would really hate to start off fresh with a new install and possibly be forced into this all over again thus creating a never ending cycle where I don't get my violence fix.

The mod seems to have no purpose other than forcing the players view to zoom to an extreme degree and stay there, no matter what. I start levels feeling like I'm stuck in the wall and I just stay there untill somebody feels sorry for me and puts a bullet in my head.

Any ideas?

I'd say you basically just copy all default system files from your Unreal Tournament CD to your folder directory and re-install the new patches. It's that easy of a job and the rest of the mods installed will still be playable.

Or, you can look for the evil package in your Unreal Tournament log files then delete it from the packages it will load as default in your ini files.