Sick of X/P and 2K msgs programs..

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
S

SpiritWalker

Sick of X/P and 2K msgs programs..and more...
try this "hack" it works for me GREAT!!!!

Show All Files in Add/Remove Programs

Windows 2000 and XP hides certain files in this dialog box by default, but we'll show you how to make things right.

Like me, you want full, complete, and utter control over your computer. I guess Microsoft's corporate policy isn't exactly about options, but hey, that's what TSS is for -- to give you back control over your own machine.

Windows 2000 or XP doesn't let you add or remove all the programs it installs by default. Multimedia applications, the XP messenger, games, accessories, and accessibility options do not show up in the Add/Remove Programs dialog box. What if you want to get rid of them? Here's how to make Windows treat these applications just like it treats all the others.

Unhide all files
Search for sysoc.inf. Open it in notepad.
Look for the "Old Base Components" section in Windows 2000, and "Components" in XP. It will look approximately like this (depending on your version):

; old base components
Games=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,games.inf,HIDE,7
AccessUtil=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,accessor.inf,HIDE,7
CommApps=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,communic.inf,HIDE,7
media_clips=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,mmopt.inf,HIDE,7
MultiM=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,multimed.inf,HIDE,7
AccessOpt=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,optional.inf,HIDE,7
Pinball=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,pinball.inf,HIDE,7
MSWordPad=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,wordpad.inf,HIDE,7

The word "HIDE" in an entry hides that application from your Add/Remove Programs dialog box. To add games to the Add/Remove menu, delete the word HIDE from its entry (but leave the commas that surround it). You also have to remove "HIDE" from "AccessUtil=" for this tip to work. To unhide games, for example, my new "Old Base Components" Windows 2000 entry will look like the following:

; old base components
Games=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,games.inf,,7
AccessUtil=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,accessor.inf,,7
CommApps=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,communic.inf,HIDE,7
media_clips=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,mmopt.inf,HIDE,7
MultiM=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,multimed.inf,HIDE,7
AccessOpt=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,optional.inf,HIDE,7
Pinball=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,pinball.inf,HIDE,7
MSWordPad=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,wordpad.inf,HIDE,7

Save the file. Check for the new entries in the Add/Remove Programs dialog box after you restart your computer.

There now, that wasn't so bad, was it? Fight Windows conformity with this simple tip from "The Screen Savers."

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
This is defanatly an easy way to remove those programs.
To bad its hard to get rid of all the os2 compatibility items that the government uses. (no one else)
I dunno how removing a lot of this stuff would effect the OS performance in the end.... but hey...it sounds like a great project for me :D

Nice hack :)

S

SpiritWalker

Originally posted by OO7MIKE
os2 compatibility items that the government uses. (no one else)

which ones are jOO talkng about..

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
...... im not sure....its been a while since i read anything about it. Im going dumb by the hour. I can feel the pc knowledge seep out of me.
mommy....im scared!

I had a point some where.....