Need brighter skins, but not utcomp

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

nuttella

Scare
Nov 19, 2004
The default skins just aren't bright enough to see on many maps, so I tried using UTComp with everything but the brighter skins disabled, but it keeps crashing on certain ONS maps. I tried one mutator I found on www.utctf.de, but it didn't look very good, and wasn't even very bright. I like the "brighter Epic skins" with UTComp. Any ideas about a mutator that adds something like that, but only that (and obviously which doesn't crash the game)?

ps. the crash seems to have something to do with bots and vehicles.

Last edited:

Taleweaver

Wandering spirit
May 11, 2004
Off course
Which maps did you crash on? This seems more like a map or model/skin problem than with UTComp, but I'm not sure (only that I haven't had problems myself). What kind of crash messages do you get?

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Keep in mind, though, that INI Epic bright skins aren't the same as UTComp Epic bright skins. Same colors and stuff but the UTComp ones are brighter. Go figure.

Which map(s) was this crashing on? And this was offline, right?

nuttella

Scare
Nov 19, 2004
Error example below. Looks like UTComp and Vehicle Pickups don't mix.
Too bad. Those bright skins are nice. I don't particularly like the "aura" you get with player coronas. (Helps at long distances though.)

--
MutVehiclePickups ONS-Tek.MutVehiclePickups (Function OnslaughtBP.MutVehiclePickups.CheckReplacement:0000) Infinite script recursion (250 calls) detected

History: FFrame::Serialize <- UObject::processEvent <- (PawnCollisionCopy ONS-Tek.PawnCollisionCopy, Function Engine.Actor.PreBeginPlay) <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (PawnCollisionCopy) <- AActor::processState <- Object UTComp_xBot ONS-Tek.UTComp_xBot, Old State State UnrealGame.Bot.WaitingForLanding, New State State UnrealGame.Bot.WaitingForLanding <- AController::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=0) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Tek System Planeteria <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 676F4C57 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
That's happened to me when using the Arena mutator on Campgrounds-G1E. It really has nothing to do with ONS; it's the CheckReplacement method. I do recall reading something about them fixing such errors with UTComp16a. Which version are you using?

nuttella

Scare
Nov 19, 2004
Just tried 16a. Still happens. It's not only the checkreplacement function, but also Mutator.AlwaysKeep. I'm pretty sure it's the combination of mutators (Vehicle Pickups+UDamage Reward+UTComp).

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
It's definitely the mutators. UTComp goes through and replaces stuff on its own, and I think when other mutators try to go through and do the same thing things go awry. Technically, it shouldn't (that's the whole point of mutators), so maybe they'll fix it at some point. :hmm:

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
OMG if i see another thread with ppl saying they want brighter skins I'm gonna'
puke.gif

Where's that old thread of Shadow Dragon where this debate raged for months - It even went so far as to have an anti-bright skins poll which won over the gimme brighter skins poll by a mile.

Honestly unless ppl are completely
idiot.gif
or
eye.gif
we'll end up wearing sunglasses while playing UT.

:y5:

Rant over