texture bolx

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Djazaus

revealed
First the good news: I just got my new comp! Athlon 1800+ /512ddr /GF3 /19" FD monitor etc.. Woo!

The bad news: I'm using D3D but I can only use my map in openGL cause I get the error message below.

I had no probs when I used to use software rendering and now with openGL which looks poo for me.. I've tried selecting all surfaces and replacing them with a white texture cause I don't mind retexturing the level, but the old textures still remain in the game and the texture browser even after closing and restarting ued.
When I originally imported the textures (waaay back), I didn't select 'create mipmaps' if that helps..

None of the textures are over 512x512 btw.

I know this has been covered a fair few times, but since the old stuff is gone, I gotta ask. Much appreciated if you can help :)

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
512*512 is btw way to much, 256*256 is good, for the main reason that ut will load slower, run slower due to less ram avable, and that d3d can have probs with it, but glide certainly too, the max size that a voodoo card can handle is 256*256,
opengl is the best, cause it can do the most things, like big texture size, and best colour contrasts and other stuff, but indeed it can look ****ty sometimes,
try a new driver and try the new renderdevice from epic for opengl rendering in UT if you do want to play decently in opengl

http://unreal.epicgames.com/

StoneViper

you can call me Mike
Nov 3, 2001
N43° 03' 16" :::: W77° 36' 03"
Originally posted by Djazaus

...I didn't select 'create mipmaps' if that helps..

Always create mipmaps if you plan on using the textures you will see while playing the game. Otherwise your video card will try to load every pixel of the whole texture even if it appears as only one pixel on the screen. Mipmapping saves framerate with no loss of visual quality.