StarCraft II

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
That is actually all true, I hadn't thought of that. Sad thing is that changing the zerg macro mechanic will be difficult. Auto-cast will make it too easy.

Apr 11, 2006
I would prefer if you could stick a Queen inside/on a Hatchery and have her autocast her Spawn Larva. Sure, it would take away the APM aspect of using Zerg's macro mechanic - But IMO the less APM sinks there are the better. The macro mechanics are only interesting to the extent that they add additional choices to base management. In Zerg's case the choices basically come down to what to do with the larvae, not the choice to make them in the first place.

DarQraven

Jan 20, 2008
I have the feeling that spawn larvae will need removal/complete change to fix this. It's a completely one dimensional ability: Use it = good, don't use it = bad. No more decisions required.

Terran = more money (where? scan instead?)
Protoss = faster *X* (what do you want faster?)
Zerg = don't fall behind in units (...)

It's not easy to fix something like that without thorougly changing either the Queen or spawn larvae ability.

(Btw, all this complaining might make it sound like the game is bad or I don't enjoy it. I thoroughly do, there are just some bumps along the way like you would expect with any competitive MP game at launch.

The Terran imbalance isn't too much of a problem at my level, since most of the time I lose because I make mistakes or the other guy is just better. It's only when one particular strategy repeatedly beats me even when I know the supposed counter and I'm matched against 40APM players that it starts ticking me off. You can only have an A-moved MMM ball destroying your base in seconds so many times before it starts being annoying.

Some stuff shouldn't be so easy to do compared to the results it produces or the effort required to stop it, that's all. I have faith that the coming patches will iron out most of these wrinkles, and if nothing else, the expansion packs will.)

Last edited:

Juggalo Kyle

Sup brah.
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Cali
Because I don't feel like making a video about the map changes, here are some screenshots! I've just been working on Visuals now. Decided this map needs to be more green. Let me know what you think!
*Note that the visuals are still a WiP, so yes, I know that there are lights on one side of the map and not the other* ;)

[SCREENSHOT]http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/2812/terrain025.jpg[/SCREENSHOT] [SCREENSHOT]http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/8756/terrain026.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]
[SCREENSHOT]http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/820/terrain027t.jpg[/SCREENSHOT] [SCREENSHOT]http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/8420/terrain021.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]
[SCREENSHOT]http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/1420/terrain020.jpg[/SCREENSHOT] [SCREENSHOT]http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/967/terrain022.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]
[SCREENSHOT]http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/2873/terrain023.jpg[/SCREENSHOT] [SCREENSHOT]http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/8477/terrain024.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
I think you need to do something with those two spheres in the middle. They seem very out of place. Maybe put some more odd devices around the map? Otherwise, I like the lights, that's a nice touch.

Apr 11, 2006
Agreed, either remove the hemisphere props or find a way to better integrate them into your environment.

The destructible rocks on the second entrance to the starting locations (those are the starting locations on the high ground, right?) should be debris instead of rocks.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Well... I have officially decided that this is the worst game ever. Pure ****. Blizzard doesn't know how to design good RTS gameplay for the life of them.

Just watch the replay.

He cheesed me and it hit me hard, but then I outplayed the hell out of him and made a huge comeback. He had no expos and was basically dead.

Oh wait, what happens? I lose a hatch when I'm killing his last building and I lose the whole ****ing game? WTF? **** like this has happened to me so many ****ing times I'm tired of it. Despite being a good player I lose to ****ty players because of retarded ass ****. **** this game.

Oh, and yes I'm mad. That doesn't change the fact that this game both fails at being a game (not fun) and fails at being competitive (retarded skillless scenarios are abundant and common)

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
*Game start*

IT'S PROTO CANON NOT PYLON.
RETARD.

MT. (Wrong conversation, so he was already trolling in the previous games, having a nice chatter with someone else.)
*First canon pops out*

NOT GONNA DEFEND IT?
THAT'S KINDA BAD

*Spots inc zerglings*

FYI I HAVE CANONS IN MY BASE HAVE FUN

*After Sleepy commented on how he keep losing to cheese*

IT WASN'T CHESSE
IT'S CALLED YOU SUCK

What a nice guy. Some fat /b/ tard doing a daily trolling routine at StarCraft 2! What's really bad in the end of the day (and we will all agree) is certainly not that you weren't able to "defend" your main. It's more likely that he's not having a social life in his barely-afforded rent or mom basement.

I'm sick of online gaming alone because of ****tards like this guy, anything with this sort of attitude in online gaming is simply disgusting. Losing to that idiot must have been extremely frustrating, not going to argue AT ALL man. I have an extreme urge to put my boot up his ass soo hard he can't sit and troll at SC2 for 5 months.

Anyway, failtroll aside, I'm a little rusty and haven't kept up too much, but there's definitively little things like how you forgot to pump more larvae that didn't help much mid-game.

As for final game stage, you had sooo much more minerals than he had, he was starving, and you had the forces to prevent him. Well. I'm not blaming you, just observing, you're already better than I am at this game anyway.

But your biggest mistake is definitively how you didn't create a selection group for your overseers, his DT's completely cost you a lot of time.

And wow, what a ****ing close base race man, his twilight council was his only structure left and you were on it with all your Hydra's. You should have won this game, big time. Now he's just left with his pride. But leave it be, the day he really lose hard with his canon rush will crush his feelings.

Last edited:

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
WORDS WORDS WORDS

When you lose to cheese, you just move on. It happens and that's that. Don't lay too much into it. The rest of the game is incredibly fun and cheese is really just a way for some people to have fun. I also think it's fun to cheese in 2v2, but in 1v1 it's just pointless.

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
Dude, your biggest mistake is that you had so much minerals I don't understand why you didn't expand like crazy sooner than that and made spines and spores everywhere. You would have ****ed him and his three void rays and 3 dark templars so hard.
Also your overseers should have been everywhere each time your base was under attack, as well as your army under them.

You lost because you let the DTs go unchecked and they do an absurd amount of damage to everything that isn't their friend.

I would say that you didn't have the best reaction to the Forge you scouted in your opponent's main, but that's your first big mistake. You still made up for it kinda much later on, but then you made the big mistake of letting the DTs have a go at your buildings.

Last edited:

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
Oh god I just watched, they're both terrible. Wow.

Darkdrium, I disagree. His biggest mistake was that he didn't just build an army and killed the protoss. He could've destroyed the toss within 15 minutes.

Last edited:

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
Darkdrium, I disagree.
Well I was kind of going on that he had gotten cheesed and was down to so little expansions but was banking 4000 minerals. He could've made fricking walls of hatcheries to save himself at that point.
Of course, he made many mistakes in this game, like letting his army die to dark templars and then not remaking it to stomp the protoss completely.
I was giving advice regarding his situation. But of course the best advice is scout around your base to prevent the probe from dropping pylons and go kill him when you have a bigger army than him (And you will.)

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Yes, I know I made a **** load of mistakes, but I honestly wasn't trying too hard to macro and micro at a certain point because I had map control and he just had his main with no minerals left.

I realize I could have done **** better with the overseers and DT's, but at that point I was pretty bleh and I didn't think they would do that much.

Also, toward the end when I dedicated to finishing him off I just threw all my attention and trying to play out the window, I honestly didn't think he would be able to kill all my bases by that time. I also thought I told a couple drones to make more hatches in places. That single DT killed my couple bases way too fast though, wasn't expecting that.

The main thing is I'm just so pissed off about is that guy got the satisfaction of the game saying he won after all that **** talking and trolling he was doing even though I recovered from his cheese and took control.
When you lose to cheese, you just move on. It happens and that's that. Don't lay too much into it. The rest of the game is incredibly fun and cheese is really just a way for some people to have fun. I also think it's fun to cheese in 2v2, but in 1v1 it's just pointless.
Hell, I cheese too when I have an open opportunity, but I don't troll around like an asshole and then get my ass whooped afterwards. The way this game turned out just pisses me off so much.

I really can't find that much fun in this game as you say. There are just so many things that are frustrating, random and unfair. In any other game I've played, even RTS games, it isn't like that. The games actually have fun elements and can let you have fun even when you're losing.

Oh god I just watched, they're both terrible. Wow.

Darkdrium, I disagree. His biggest mistake was that he didn't just build an army and killed the protoss. He could've destroyed the toss within 15 minutes.

Ummm, well it was my first game in like a week, I hardly ever play because of **** exactly like this. Also, I'm not as bad as you think, I just need to work on some areas, hell I think I'd be able to take you, I get matched against Diamonds and win half the time or maybe more.

Also about the army thing, It was harder than it looks I'm sure, I had no gas so all I could make was lings as one point. I had hardly any larvae because I didn't have many queens and wasn't able to larva spit that many times with the queens I had. I needed my attention in a crap load of places at once, I was trying to get hatches going, while also trying to get gas going and also trying to get larvae or queens going. On top of that the guy probably was just A-moving a single dt to each of my bases and I was failing to micro my overseers correctly with that while also trying to macro all of my bases. I underestimated the FEW dts a **** load, that's for sure.

Last edited:

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
:rolleyes: sigh.

You are in diamond. You play far more than us BUF'ers here and Protoss. 24/7. Sleepy plays Random.

I play zerg lately actually, and I'm doing quite okay. My rank is lower than as protoss, but I think I'm progressing. Terran is the only race I can't wrap my mind around.

I didn't want to come off as a elitist, just a lot of obvious mistakes in that game and windows where Sleepy easily could've won.

I'd play you SleepyHead, but I doubt the game would be enjoyable, with the high latency between us :(

edit: Sleepy, don't let trolling get to you. People love being smug and you talking back to him just makes him feel even better if he wins.

Last edited:

Juggalo Kyle

Sup brah.
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Cali
Agreed, either remove the hemisphere props or find a way to better integrate them into your environment.

The destructible rocks on the second entrance to the starting locations (those are the starting locations on the high ground, right?) should be debris instead of rocks.

Yeah, those are the starting locations. I'll look about that, they are out of place being rocks.

I know I should do something about those spheres, but I'm not sure what yet. Maybe I'll make a mound with a ton of trees, like the nature broke through the tiles and a ton of trees grew. Probably will make that choke abit smaller.

Thanks for the input guys.

inferyes

Spaced In
Aug 16, 2009
I've been playing more lately and I made it into gold in everything except 4v4 but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to build mass forces. If I try to early expand my stuff gets spread to thin and I get destroyed and if I try to turtle expand someone else who has already expanded destroys me with a army twice the size of mine.

I'm really good at tech and micro strategies like MMS and early game harassing (it's the only way I really win) but I just can't get my Macro down. You guys got any tips?

Also:

[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbdfTj6K8fM[/M]

That's why I'm silver in 4v4. Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese.

Last edited: