FRAGBU - Vote for me!!!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

I_B_Bangin

habitual line stepper
Aug 6, 2000
Boston, MA
Dude, TWD, your "examples" are not working out too well tonight. I hate to break it to you, but I can have a ton of fun on Techdreams with just 4 people. I think what it comes down to is you have an opinion, which you are entitled to, but anyone elses opinion is not acceptable to you if it doesn't match yours. Thats pretty weak. Fragbu is about having fun, thats the ONLY reason I like showing up to play. It sounds like you are taking things way too serious and need to take another look at CC's pic.

/me goo's TWD

NO MOUNTAIN FOR YOU!

Mep[H]

Jun 19, 2003
This is meant to encourage suffrage (what a great word )

That reminds me of a great bit on "The Man Show" where Jimmy and Adam setup a booth on the street with a sign saying "End Women's Suffrage". They actually had some women stopping by to sign a petition they put out.

OK, it was a bit mean-spirited and exploitative, but isn't all great humor? :D

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
man TWD this is a cave where the door collapsed and you are unwilling to crawl out through the back because the hole is smaller.

No matter what causes crappy maps to be played, I rarely see people leave because of the map. It's almost always someone saying "I gotta jet..ggs all" or something like that.

I can't sympathize on this point at all. MapVote works because the people that care vote and the people that don't care...well they don't. I personally don't care what map I'm playing on as long as I'm having fun. Even the worst maps on The Web can still be fun. For example, I really hate a couple of Raffi's maps (no offense Raffi) but I still play them because they have their own fun factor. If I started whining everytime someone voted on a Raffi map, I would get the same results you are getting.

Raffi_B

Administrator
Oct 27, 2002
USA
Renegade Retard said:
Today's Lesson on How to Use MapVote (since it's such a difficult task)

1. Click on the name of the map you want to play

2. Click on "Vote"

End of Lesson

Quiz tomorrow

See Webster's definition of "hint."

Because if they vote for a map that YOU don't like, they'll be mangled and scarred for life!

0wned! :D

BTW, TWD here are my thoughts on this whole situation

You are a great guy. Many ideas (including the fragbu video) and a frequent intelligent poster. During fragbu you are almost always a good sport about things "gg's" "nice shot" etc. When map voting comes, the TS conversation is almost always the same. Here is one such example. I will use Iron for an example map.

"Iron? Naaaaaah... vote for romra! vote for romra!"

And meanwhile Iron (again just for an example) is getting all the votes and you're saying stuff like "nooo" and "bad map IMO"

You have an opinion, and I respect that. But don't let your experience and maturity in the forums and gaming go to your head. People play what they like, and in this situation they wanted Iron. No offense, but it is not your job to tell people to do anything. "Majority rules. Deal with it." If you think that they voted for a bad map, who cares. It's fragbu! Not elite-spectacular-uber-clan-day. If they voted for a rarely played map, maybe its because they want to try something other than Citadel, Chrome, Romra, Bollwerk, Citadel, Bollwerk, Iron, Chrome, Romra. Yes, these are great maps. Perhaps my favorites. But playing something beyond the point where it isnt fun anymore, that makes this sort of thing more of a chore.

I guess my point is "Relax." Have a shield gun war. Camp like hell. Whatever makes you happy. Thats what its all about. Sure, teamwork, skill, and other factors play a great role in how much fun you have. But if you have a bad game on a bad map, shake it off.

The next map will probably be romra :rolleyes:

Again, I meant no disrespect by any of what I said. Just gave my opinion, like you did. My words are my own, I am almost positive others will not agree with me.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
I'm talking about something completely different. If people really want to play a certain map fine, I'll still say eww, but it's not like it's a big deal. What I'm complaining about is when nobody really wants to play the map but for one reason or another described above it gets voted in. That's why I say remove these maps. I am sure that there are quite a few maps on the list that nobody here would miss. Getting rid of these maps would save us all a lot of trouble.

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
hal said:
I'm petitioning for an "All Alcatron" FragBU! :lol:

Superweapons on, of course.

:lol: I like voting for maps that people don't like, just to annoy them (thanks for the Thorns tip, Warden ;) ).

TWD - man, I just think you're missing two points:

1) Different people have different tastes. Just because you or others don't like a map, that doesn't mean everyone hates it or it's automatically a bad map. For example I for one think TechDreams is a dang fun map, and I'd play it 2 on 2 or 10 on 10. However, I know not many people like it. On the flip side, if I was to decide every map we played on my own, I'd NEVER vote for Romra or Bollwerk. I hate playing these two maps. However other people like them. To voice your opinion like "ugh, Lavagiant? I don't care for this map" is fine, but if it gets the votes, then sit back and play it, not being critical of others for voting for it.

2) Sometimes a change of pass is good, even if it means on a bad map. As Raffi said, the same maps over and over and over and over get a little tiresome. Sometimes I'll vote for a map that I know we haven't played in a long time just for a different look, even if I don't like how the map plays. Heck, I'll even vote for a cube if I feel like a spam fest (which is all Romra is, btw, but that's another rant :D ).

Everything's fine the way it is, dude! Just sit back, relax, and have a Coke and a smile! :D The only thing that removing various maps would do is take away maps that others may like or enjoy just because a few don't think it's up to par. Remember Sat night, we played that one map (Coret was it?) that everyone was like "Man, this is NOT a good map" and it actually turned out to be a very good match. Yeah, it was on a sub-par map, but so what? The match was fun!

Sekhmet

the Destroyer
Oct 16, 2001
Memphis, Egypt
www.carpeimperium.com
Renegade Retard said:
:lol: I like voting for maps that people don't like, just to annoy them (thanks for the Thorns tip, Warden ;) ).

TWD - man, I just think you're missing two points:

1) Different people have different tastes. Just because you or others don't like a map, that doesn't mean everyone hates it or it's automatically a bad map. For example I for one think TechDreams is a dang fun map, and I'd play it 2 on 2 or 10 on 10. However, I know not many people like it. On the flip side, if I was to decide every map we played on my own, I'd NEVER vote for Romra or Bollwerk. I hate playing these two maps. However other people like them. To voice your opinion like "ugh, Lavagiant? I don't care for this map" is fine, but if it gets the votes, then sit back and play it, not being critical of others for voting for it.

2) Sometimes a change of pass is good, even if it means on a bad map. As Raffi said, the same maps over and over and over and over get a little tiresome. Sometimes I'll vote for a map that I know we haven't played in a long time just for a different look, even if I don't like how the map plays. Heck, I'll even vote for a cube if I feel like a spam fest (which is all Romra is, btw, but that's another rant :D ).

Everything's fine the way it is, dude! Just sit back, relax, and have a Coke and a smile! :D The only thing that removing various maps would do is take away maps that others may like or enjoy just because a few don't think it's up to par. Remember Sat night, we played that one map (Coret was it?) that everyone was like "Man, this is NOT a good map" and it actually turned out to be a very good match. Yeah, it was on a sub-par map, but so what? The match was fun!

Words of wisdom from the Retard :).

WebSlinger

bNotNegative != False
Feb 29, 2000
Oklahoma City, OK
TWD said:
That's why I say remove these maps. I am sure that there are quite a few maps on the list that nobody here would miss. Getting rid of these maps would save us all a lot of trouble.
I'm not uninstalling them... end of discussion. Call it admin abuse, I really don't care.

CrazyCougar

CATatonic
Jan 5, 2001
Ottawa, Canada
So you want us to abuse the admin? I'm sure that can be arranged... ;)

Webbie has stated a couple of times he will not remove maps from the list. So why don't you go find some maps that might also be suitable for fragbu that we haven't looked at yet. The CBP added a few nice maps to the mix and they get regular play now so it's helped the variety issue.

You need to figure out what types of maps fragbu regulars like(not just the ones you like) and why they like them. Perhaps then you'll see why there's nothing wrong with the maps being picked.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
WebSlinger said:
I'm not uninstalling them... end of discussion. Call it admin abuse, I really don't care.

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3!!!!!!

:fluffle:!!!!