2000-2010: Your verdict

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What's your take on 2000-2010?

• Total voters

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
So, seeing we're in 2011 and the wheels of history are turning again, how about giving your verdict on the start of the 21st century? Was it good/bad? How did you live things personally and what do you look forward to in the next decade?

Last edited:

lovebug

Dec 26, 2009
In the past 10 years Ive got married, got fat, had a baby, returned to work and got thinner again! That pretty much sums it up! :D

The things I remember from a 'news' point of view have been (in no particular order):
A new millenium, 9/11 twin towers, London bombings, Bali terror attacks, Mad Cow Disease, Anthrax scare, Tsumanis, Hurricanes, Horrendous Floods, Bush fire in Oz, Legilisation of gay marriages, Michael Jackson dies, Serbian PM assassinated, War on Iraq, SARS outbreak, Space shuttle Columbia explodes, Heath Ledger dies, Whale in the Thames River, Gary Glitter is jailed, Ozzie Steve Irwin dies, Saddam Hussein is hung, Icelandic Ash Cloud, Pope dies, New Pope, Recession, Credit Crunch, Bye-bye Concorde, Ban on Fox hunting, Obama is President, Coalition UK Government, Madeline McCann goes missing, Dr Harold Shipman is caught, James Bulger is killed, Heather Mills sues for ££ millions, Take That get back together, Susan Boyle (nuff said), Oil Spill, Swine Flu, MP expenses, Britney Spears breakdown, Riots in Tunisia, Bob Hope & Johnny Cash die, Arnie becomes governor of California, England win the Rugby World Cup, I could go on...

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
I wasn't alive for much decades. But it seems like more was achieved in the other ones.

I also miss rotary dials.

Also this thread is weird and would be better at the end of a year.

BITE_ME

Bye-Bye
Jun 9, 2004
Not here any more
1900=No drugs/HJ/BJ sex
1910=No drugs/HJ/BJ sex
1920=No drugs/HJ/BJ sex
1930=No drugs/HJ/BJ sex
1940=No drugs/HJ/BJ sex
1950=No drugs/HJ/BJ sex
1960=Good drugs/free sex
1970=Good drugs/Disco sex
1980=Good drugs/free sex
1990=Good drugs/free safe sex
2000=Good drugs/$$$ safe sex
2010=Good drugs/Internet sex

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Also this thread is weird and would be better at the end of a year.

True. But it's only with recent news that 2011 is showing itself to be something different from the previous ten years.

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
The last decade had it's ups and downs for me, but it got really really good near the end of 2010, and it's been that way ever since.

Here's to the best decade of my life, and it's only just started :D

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
Lots of travel, got married, moved to Japan, learned another language, and witnessed an amazing decade for independent music. The RIAA has never been so ****ed. :)