Bulletstorm Launches, DLC Announced

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
In an unusual move, EA announces Bulletstorm DLC in the same press release in which they herald the release of said game. Guns of Sonata is the name of the DLC and it will be available on Xbox LIVE (800 MS points) and PSN ($9.99) this spring.

Featuring three new maps for Anarchy multiplayer mode, from the wretched Sewers of Stygia to the dilapidated ruins of Hotel Elysium and the open spaces of Villa, the Gun Sonata Anarchy maps provide even more settings for players to work together in order to pull off fantastic team skillshots. In addition to the new Anarchy maps, Gun Sonata will also introduce two new Echo mode maps, including Crash Site, where Final Echo soldiers must deal with the ramifications of their crashed ship, and Guns of Stygia, in which a captive commando escapes from an enemy prison. Completely new to the Bulletstorm experience, Crash Site and Guns of Stygia offer brand new challenges for those competing to top personal high scores and leaderboard rankings. Two new Leash enhancements, the Flamingo and the Pulp, make it even more enjoyable to kill with skill and style.

And the launch trailer:

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
rip-off. This announcement actually detracts from the game's face value.

Not only do we pay more than usual for a PC game, they withheld content to charge for later.
They should have at least waited to announce the DLC.

PC gamers are already a bit turned off by the other crap surrounding this game (or, I am, anyway).

DarkEmperor

Buried By The Dead
Mar 22, 2002
Visit site
lol, that's your so beloved typical Epic. Polished mediocre stuff, money money money and bull**** talking...

"cherish the love, cherish the love we had" na na "cherish the love"...

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Polished great stuff as the game itself, more like :p

but **** DLCstits and give me the goddamned editor

Last edited:

DarkEmperor

Buried By The Dead
Mar 22, 2002
Visit site
does it feel good after spending €50 for it to call it great, when there is no editor, no mod support, boring MP from the videos I've seen and extra €10 for 5 maps?

Last edited:

Miko

Miko No Pants
Jul 2, 2004
Flopping in bed
does it feel good after spending €50 for it to call it great, when there is no editor, no mod support, boring MP from the videos I've seen and extra €10 for 5 maps?

Yup. Wont buy DLC but it still feels good man. Feels good.

I can live without and editor and without mod support and I don't typically play with this day and ages people on MP because most of them just wave their dick around or get super butt hurt and scream all day for everything.

lol, that's your so beloved typical Epic. Polished mediocre stuff, money money money and bull**** talking...

"cherish the love, cherish the love we had" na na "cherish the love"...

This is also the game Done by People Can Fly. Supervised by Epic and is getting strung by EA like they do with every company they work with. Take your Epic hating ass and go cry in a corner my friend. I'm happy with what i see and play.

Last edited:

Grobut

Комиссар Гробут
Oct 27, 2004
Soviet Denmark
rip-off. This announcement actually detracts from the game's face value.

Not only do we pay more than usual for a PC game, they withheld content to charge for later.
They should have at least waited to announce the DLC.

Yup, i'ts suspricing to me that a lot of companies, aparently, can't see how DLC can also hurt their bottom line.

When you thrust day-1 DLC at me, i'm far more inclined to think "ahh, so the game is intentionally left unfinished, and i wont have the full game till several DLC's have come down the pipeline", and wait for a "GOTY" or "Complete" edition, which i know i'll probably be able to purchase, with all the DLC included, for less than just the game retailed for.

All they accomplish is making me wait, so they can get less money in the end.
If you try to take us for a sucker, we'll just return the favour.

Leak

Sep 1, 2008
Linz, Austria
How did you manage to spend 50 EUR on a game that's available at Play.com for 31.49 EUR and free shipping? :eek:

Bgood

Oct 30, 2010
DLC already waiting at launch :hmm:

As someone commented on another forum , "it's a worrying trend".

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Anyone wanna take a bet that the DLC is already on the disc?

That seems unlikely. Why would they be waiting a month or two to release it? This sounds more like something they were working on after the game went into lockdown for QA and gold mastering.

Is it worth $10? I don't know. $10 can get you a wide range of things in the industry now.