VCTF-Temple of Karnak PC/PS3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Apophis3d

Lord Apophis
Jan 22, 2008
Portland, Oregon
www.apophis3d.net
VCTF-Temple of Karnak PC/PS3 (possible WAR-Temple of Karnak also)

History: The Karnak temple complex, universally known only as Karnak, describes a vast conglomeration of ruined temples, chapels, pylons and other buildings. It is located near Luxor in Egypt. This was ancient Egyptian Ipet-isut ("The Most Selected of Places"), the main place of worship of the Theban Triad with Amun as its head, in the monumental city of Thebes. The complex retrieves its current name from the nearby and partly surrounding modern village of el-Karnak, some 2.5km north of Luxor. (Karnak - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karnak)

This is a rough Temple map from Wikipedia, although from what I recall from my Art History it's much larger than this and I will look for a more detailed layout of the temple.
Karnak_Temple_Map.jpg

Ok enough with the slight history lesson I just wanted everyone to have some idea of what I am going to be creating over the next.... 3 to 8 months...

Now as everyone knows UT3 decided it no longer needed any Egyptian content, except for the sand material that's in Sandstorm but thats as close as you get and sand doesn't say much in the respect.

So I have planed out a work flow which is listed below:

1-3 months = Static meshes / textures / material assembly
3-6 months = Level concept / construction and internal testing
7 = Community beta testing
8 = Final Release
(Apophis3d.net members will have exclusive Alpha testing opportunities)

Hopefully it will not take 8 months to do this... but with school and work it just may. Hopefully I can gear some of my school projects towards this level which may speed up production.

At the time of the map release I plan on releasing my static mesh packages and material packs with the map for community use.

The static mesh packages will include 2 versions of every mesh. They will include a pristine just chiseled yesterday look; then the I have been neglected for the past 10,000 years look.

Currently I have a model that is under creation I will post it here as soon as I have it done.