Be Smart, don't Vote Republican (says new Canadian study)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
Those are TV stations? OK, If so then you showed me six. I lose. I should have said mainstream when I posed the challenge. Wait! I did say mainstream. What are all of those you posted? Everyone knows mainstream TV refers to about 5 TV stations being ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN and FOX. There is no way any of those except FOX leans to the right. FOX and CNN are both on cable too. I'd bet most of the people who don't have cable get over 90% of their news from TV and what is left for them to watch then? Right! ABC, CBS and NBC. All total lefty stations. Let me note also that I do watch all of them here and there so I get as much of a sample as I can from all of them.

I will admit that I should have even more sources for my news intake. I do get in plenty of right wing talk radio and get plenty of news from the internet but it is mostly lefty stuff too like the NYT and the Washing Post and Huffington Post etc etc.

No, I get enough news from enough places to say for sure that FOX is the only TV news that leans right at all. All of the rest are lefty.

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, how many would all of AM radio count as? Everyone pretty much has access to that. No question to that if they own a car.

Hermskii

www.Hermskii.com
Apr 13, 2003
Houston
Hermskii.com
Good point BBA. Yes, AM radio is owned by the conservatives. I admit that but consider how many radio listeners actually listen to AM radio...

If the young kids did listen to AM radio and paid attention they would not be so overly liberal. How does the saying go...some thing like if you're 20 years old and not a democrat you don't have a heart and if you are 40 years old and aren't a republican you don't have a brain.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
ABC is one of the more "center" news outlets out there, along with Reuters. It's funny for anyone to say any of the news is "fair and balanced" or that Fox is overly sensationalist compared to other news outlets. Every news outlet wants you to watch them so they ALL sensationalize every piece of turd that comes turtling out of their broncaneous.

Also, referencing Christan news outlets as real news outlets? TBN? Seriously? :lol:

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
who said they were "real" news outlets?
Herm asked someone to list "conservative" media networks. so I did.

each of those networks broadcasts their own news segments (regardless of how journalistic they are) which are heavily slanted toward the conservative viewpoint on every issue they choose to over.

Benfica

European Redneck
Feb 6, 2006
See! You couldn't name another main stream media TV station that is even partially to the right. Here is another chance for you. Which of all of those liberal TV stations I mentioned do you think is the most conservative? Explain why. Provide evidence if you can.
And that's how it should be. Stations that promote populism or pander to radicals should be rare.

First of all, the majority of the population (e.g. 70%) are neither liberal or conservative, they are moderates, independents or don't care about politics at all (just want to get by, love their kids, struggle with a shitty job or no job at all).

You tend to call "liberal" to news stations that cater to the fringe left, but also to the majority (center, independents, etc...) Of course, they are on YOUR left, damn it, 80+% of the population is! Of course they often advocate views that you don't like (if they should go beyond news and be opinion makers is another discussion altogether). Isn't YOU that are wrongly positioned, that have a fringe and radical viewpoint?

Last edited:

dotnetbeast

Mood Muzik
Feb 14, 2006
Washington D.C.
ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, and Fox are all right leaning. Sorry about your lack of perspective.

kate-upton-cleavage.jpg

That.
That is my response to you.

Hermskii

www.Hermskii.com
Apr 13, 2003
Houston
Hermskii.com
Ummm? Are we done here now? Did I win? I think I won! The subject has been changed and then ignored. Yeah, I must have won! Round 2 anyone? Anyone...? LOL.

-Jes-

Tastefully Barking
Jan 17, 2005
DM-HyperBlast
Ummm? Are we done here now? Did I win? I think I won!
Sticking your fingers in your ears and going "lalalalalala" while people take you to class and back does not constitute a win.

Now scurry along young grasshopper before the IRC pals take your mom out for dinner. :eek:

Meanwhile, this thread is fucking retarded.
Even as a BLEEDN HUART LEEBRUL, I can smell the biased bullshit of this article a (dozen) mile(s) away.

Oh, and as for actual politics.. For us Europeans, the US political system consists of:
1: Far Conservatives.
2: Slightly farther Conservatives.

Get rid of your retarded 2-party system. It's good for nobody save the billionaires.

Last edited: