Demo Playback probs

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mrukk

Inhuman
May 10, 2000
Baltimore, MD
Hey guys, hope you don't mind me posting here, but I am pretty keen on finding out the answer to this problem.

Jalis, from the PG site is trying to play a demo recorded by someone else. He downloaded a few packages required and got it going. A few days later it stopped working. We have both tried clean installs of UT, followed by patch 436, then bonus pack 1, inoxx, and bp4. A "dominator" package was added, and CSHP40, which the demo was recorded under.

The thing is, I can view the demo just fine with this config. He cannot. His screen remains black with the name of the demo on it. The ut.log file he gets after trying to run is below. It is unusual in that it is complaining of missing some multimesh package, when I would have though that would have been there given the installs he had just carried out.

http://www.supremecohesion.org/files/mrukk/unrealtournament.log

If anyone could take a look and offer any advice it would be much appreciated. Seems strange that it worked at one stage, but now nothing works at all!

Kilham

Lost in RL
Oct 11, 2000
Scotland
clanrsu.com
When the replay stopped working on the original setup after a few days I would suspect a file in the cache folder was automatically deleted by UT, but in the new installs I assume both UT caches are empty. If so - weird:).
If not, try zipping your cache folder and sending him it to use in place of his own cache.