UT Running problem

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mart89

Feb 11, 2013
Greetings all,

After a while i decided to install my Unreal Tournament GOTY version again and i cannot get it proper to work, i was wondering if anybody has perhaps any suggestions or something i could try.
Here some information off my PC and what i use:

Operating system: Windows 7 64 bit version
Prossecor: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T BE, AM3
Unreal Tournament version: Unreal Tournament GOTY version
DirectX Version: Directx 11

OPENGL
When i have installed UT i have the problem when i use OpenGL that the game run a lot faster then it should be, roughly 250% faster the settings however i can adjust and i have full screen mode.

Direct 3D

When i run the game through Direct3D i cannot get the screen to fullscreen and it seems in the preference menu the max resolution is 800x600 and i cannot putt it higher then this.

I have tryed myself a few solutions i have tryed the following:

-Tryed to run the unrealtournament.exe with different compatibility modes such windows 95, 2000 and XP.
-In the Unreal Tournament.ini the line to putt fullscreen is on True
-Quick and cool mode in bios is off
-The game runs on patch 436
-I also tryed to install the game from hardrive by making a copy from the CD
-When running the game the game runs on one prossecor, so one core, i have also tryed to run it on all cores and also tryed to run
the game on each prossecor.
-Runned the game on OpenGL drivers version utglr36
-I have tryed several exe fixes that should replace the normal unrealtournament.exe for multicore prossecors (didnt work)

Anybody who can help out?

Greet,
Mart

Last edited:

Raynor.Z

Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus
Feb 1, 2006
Are you using in-box OpenGL or updated one? You need to limit your framerate.
Open UnrealTournament\System\UnrealTournament.ini and change the following:

[OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice]
FrameRateLimit=60

This will limit your framerate to 60 frames per second. You can use higher values, but I would not recommand going over 100.

DeusIX

Engineer
Mar 22, 2009
Winland
There is a chance that you won't be able to run UT1 with your machine. I can't on mine. I've tried the same that you have to no avail. Doesn't work on Windows nor Linux.

The funny thing is that if I copy the games install directory to USB-stick and try to run in on any other machine it runs flawlessly!

dr.flay

Dr.Flay™
Sep 19, 2011
Kernow, UK
yourunreal.wordpress.com
1st off, the original D3D and GL renderers are aimed at DirectX 5-7 cards.
Don't use them.
Click on the tweaks link in Raynor's sig and upgrade.
There are new renderers for GL, DX9, 10 and 11

2nd, Don't install into the Programs folder of Windows. It will behave better from somewhere with less security restrictions.

3rd, there are many fixes and updates for the GOTY edition (eg. updated Chaos and Rocket Arena and "DE" mutator, bot and skin fixes).
Visit the site in my sig and look through the list on the UT99 page.

Other Windows or hardware related issues may be solved by checking the Windows and Driver tweaks page.

AMD also have a multicore fix (It is included in the list on the UT99 page).

Cinderella, you shall go to the ball !

Last edited:

Mart89

Feb 11, 2013
Hello everybody,

I have tryed several solutions but finally found something that worked for me atleast, here is what did the trick for me:

-Use the newest opengl files
-Go into console and type preferences, and then set the framelimit to 200

This worked for me.

Last edited:

Raynor.Z

Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus
Feb 1, 2006
You should keep this value 100 or less, otherwise you might experience some in-game animation issues.