Gaming mouse + Mousepad

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Mar 6, 2004
So i guess my razer deathadder is dieing, it keeps freezing every 6 seconds. Anyway, i want some ideas for a great gaming mouse. I liked the deathadder, but it's time for something new. Right handed mouse.

I loved the Logitech MX series, but once i got a deathadder i noticed a big difference in feel, and performance. Felt much faster, and easier to controll.

My Razer Destructar needs to be replaced, any ideas for a new mousepad for gaming? it needs to be huge.

Juggalo Kyle

Sup brah.
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Cali
I to still love my MX518. In fact, when one of the thumb buttons went out, i stole my Wifes 518. I use a Gigabyte Ghost mouse pad. Won it at a LaNParty, and it's pretty nice.

Mar 6, 2004
An option is going back to MX series, they are still good mice. I love the feel and the side of the mouse, the grip it has for your thumb. As for DPI? i never touch it...i tried 3500 DPI for my deathadder, but i felt 450dpi feels best for me.

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
Yeah, my MX518 is still holding it's own for many many years. The only bad part is that the rubbery material on the sides is prone to wear off after a while.

Although this is a mouse thread, I also have the G110 keyboard to complement my mouse. Although it isn't the most advanced keyboard, it does have red/blue backlighting, powerful macro buttons on the left hand side and on-the-fly macro recording. It also has headphone/microphone jacks and the standard media controls.

As far as mousepads go, I use a cheap and thin microfiber mousepad. Although small due to space limitations, It does it's job for games.

Last edited:

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
I tried the Razer Imperator but I went right back to the Deathadder. No other mouse has been more comfortable for me.

I personally recommend the Deathadder Black Edition. No ricey lights and a really cool gunmetal/graphite color.

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
I have the Razer Deathadder black edition too and I love it. If you don't mind losing the side buttons, you could try the Abyssus. But, considering it sounds like you like the palm grip of the Deathadder you might not like the feel.

I went back to Logitech for the first time in years with my G500. It has the same ergonomic palm shape loved by 518 and G5 owners, but the drivers and firmware have been vastly improved. No more forced angle snapping, you can set polling rates as well as override the windows input multiplier, and a few other pointer options I wish was available in all mouse driver software. It also lets me switch between a smooth bearing scroll or a graded scroll with the mouse wheel, which I love. In short, I don't recommend Logitech any more unless it's the G500 or G9x.

The RAT and Naos mice are also really nice, but I've never owned one so I can't really comment on details or their comfort.

When it comes to cloth mousepads, I always recommend either XtracPads or PureTrak. I personally prefer cloth pads.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
I also have a RAT 7 and love it. I think it looks like garbage, but it performs well and is the most comfortable mouse I've ever had. I don't have huge hands, but I find most mouses feel a little cramped. This is nice and spacious. The only problem I have with it is that, being laser (yeah, I was rocking an optical mouse forever) if it finds a piece of dirt on the mousepad, it will freak the fuck out, so keep that pad clean

cryptophreak

unbalanced
Jul 2, 2011
I own the RAT 7 myself. Certainly the best mouse I know of. The construction and feel of the thing is top-notch and the feature set is pretty impressive.

-Jes-

Tastefully Barking
Jan 17, 2005
DM-HyperBlast
My MX518 was beginning to look like some bombed out crater.
Still worked, but I couldn't shake the feeling that, despite all the cleaning, I was putting my hand on a biochemical hazard.

Bought a G400 cheap.

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
I have this one
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/mice-pointers/mice/performance-mouse-mx

It's as accurate as any wired Logitech mouse I've had. You can couple it with a wireless solar keyboard and use the same wireless dongle, keeps more ports free. I just have to charge it once a week for a couple of hours and I use it nonstop all day, everyday. I think it feels better than any wired mouse because it's physically heavier because of the battery inside of it. It gives better feedback that way.

Just don't pay $100 for it, you can find it for a lot less.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
I had the Kone and now have the RAT 7, and one thing I missed in the transition was the sideways rocker on the mouse button. The RAT works well for me, but needs some configuration to work properly in Linux.