Having kids

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Mar 6, 2004
So on another forum i post at i started this debate about having kids. They all think i'm out to lunch because i say you should only have 1 kid because of how overpopulated the world is from people having up to 4 or more kids. What do you guys think? how many kids is enough? i may stretch it to 2 max but Earth is overpopulated as it is, and having 4 or more kids is retarded IMO. If we had many other worlds or another Earth sized world be my guest for kids but when is enough, enough?

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
The earth isn't overpopulated. CERTAIN AREAS of the world are indeed densely packed and without the economic and social structures to beneficially manage such density, but there is plenty of land, plenty of opportunity for all the people in the world (if, again, properly managed). It's a problem worthy of serious consideration if you live in such an area, but all of the people posting on forums are within systems that are able to support and benefit multiple children.

In fact, many people argue that the best way to benefit society is to put out the little rugrats. People are able to invent things and the more people there are (especially those from strong backgrounds and high education), the better the chances for leaps ahead for societally beneficial technology.

Additionally, it should be noted that having only a single kid per couple is not sustainable and will create a massive population crash, which is bad.

All that being said, I have absolutely zero desire to ever have kids myself. Too much time, money and trouble.

~Jason

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
The earth isn't overpopulated. CERTAIN AREAS of the world are indeed densely packed and without the economic and social structures to beneficially manage such density, but there is plenty of land, plenty of opportunity for all the people in the world (if, again, properly managed). It's a problem worthy of serious consideration if you live in such an area, but all of the people posting on forums are within systems that are able to support and benefit multiple children.

In fact, many people argue that the best way to benefit society is to put out the little rugrats. People are able to invent things and the more people there are (especially those from strong backgrounds and high education), the better the chances for leaps ahead for societally beneficial technology.

Additionally, it should be noted that having only a single kid per couple is not sustainable and will create a massive population crash, which is bad.
Lots of good points. Plus, the child bearing people probably have to have more kids to make up for the increasing number of people who don't care to and probably never will bear children :p

I'll believe the Earth is getting overpopulated when I see it actually happening.

Peavey

Rattus Norvegicus
Jul 17, 2001
At the earth day fair at Balboa Park, there were of course those bible-thumping Rapturists raving, holding giant pictures of aborted babies. I walked up to one of the gnarliest Jesus freaks I've ever seen and ask, "Hey uhh.. that looks delicious--do they serve that around here?!?" He started lambasting me in tongues.

What really got me is this girl who couldn't have been more than 16, holding a giant aborted baby-face poster. Barely managing to keep a straight face, I exuberantly asked, "Ohhh my gawwwssshh! Is that your baby picture?!? That is SO adorable, how'd you grow up to be so ugly though?!?" She was seething, "UHH YEAH YOU ARE F*CKING RETARDED YOU ARE GOING TO HELL blah blah blah"

Anyway that's my thought on having kids :cool:

BITE_ME

Bye-Bye
Jun 9, 2004
Not here any more
If we have to go back to being cavemen.
Then yes we are overpopulated.
That will not happen for at least 15 more years.
Its going to be fun watching people living with out electricity, or fuel for cooking or heating.
Bunch of spoiled brats.

With that said.
People should only have .2 kids for each pair of parents.
That means, each women should have sex with 5 men.

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
If we have to go back to being cavemen.
Then yes we are overpopulated.
That will not happen for at least 15 more years.
Its going to be fun watching people living with out electricity, or fuel for cooking or heating.
Bunch of spoiled brats.

With that said.
People should only have .2 kids for each pair of parents.
That means, each women should have sex with 5 men.

:con:

What the **** are you talking about?

Mar 9, 2009
Vancouver, BC.
Well, I think it's fine to have as much kids as you want, there are no boundaries for this matter, some peoples' wives love kids more than anything else, if both parents agree upon this then so be it as long as they can fund them. Enough is when you think it's getting out of hands, some people may find 1 or 2 kids more satisfying like you said, some people like more kids. The culture is another factor that affects the number of kids you want, in some countries, especially eastern countries, people tend to have many kids and big families. In western countries it looks like the opposite. You don't have to put these boundaries for yourself, as you'll find out when it's enough, and it's different from one person to another.

Why do we care about Earth? Earth can handle its own affairs, and it's not overpopulated, there's still hundreds of thousands of square miles uninhabited.

Last edited:

BITE_ME

Bye-Bye
Jun 9, 2004
Not here any more
Why do we care about Earth? Earth can handle its own affairs, and it's not overpopulated, there's still hundreds of thousands of square miles uninhabited.

So.
Sandy Africa can support people?
China. You do know that 3/4 of it's land can't support crops.

You have to look at the big picture.
You need fertile land to grow crops.
You need fresh clean water for the crops, animals, and humans.
You need fuel for heat, cooking, transportation.
You need a place to put your sewage.

Only a very small portion of Earth is suitable for humans.
Take Alaska for example. It is the largest state in the USA.
But it has the smallest population.
Why?
Because if you really want to live there. You need to live like a Eskimo.
Most people leave the state because it costs to much to eat and heat there homes.
You could kill 2 mooses every year, to help feed your family.
But most people don't have the stomach to skin and dress some tasty meat.
For heat they could chop down some trees for firewood.
But some people are too lazy for manual labor.
I could go on.
But it's pointless to try to explain the reality of over population to any one who does not live in China, India, or Tokyo (Density 5,847humans/km2 15,143.7humans/sq mi).
:rolleyes:

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
People should only have .2 kids for each pair of parents. That means, each women should have sex with 5 men.

;) Hehe, I like that.

Anyway, whether people need a reality check or not, the Earth IS overpopulated and we ARE starting to run low or out of resources. Sure maybe we can continued to sustain it for a while longer with technological advances and stuff like that, but that doesn't mean everyone should breed like rabbits either. Yes, people in certain countries still have a right to have as many kids as they want to, but I think people really need to think about it a little more before having 6-10 or more kids. Personally, I was set on two kids, but have decided on the one since we got a late start; I guess the SkaarjKid will be it then.:)

Mar 9, 2009
Vancouver, BC.

I agree with you, I did not mean to just get people and plant them somewhere. Of course, first they need to provide the means of living, and it would be time consuming to do so.

Saving the energy of the sun to use it later is endless. But like you said, people are too lazy to something to improve their living, and rather than that they just move to somewhere else.

Last edited:

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Why would you want to have a kid in this economy? Seriously a friend of mine is expecting a 3rd child in their family and I just have to say why? It has been pretty crappy the last 4 years and you want your kids to grow up in a potential era with crap jobs and a college education that means jack? Have some common sense. Yeah you may have a good job at the moment, but when things go tits up, you will wish you had that extra income saved up instead of blowing it on a kid.