Ugh, where did that forum section (Unreal Shmapmpiongship) end up?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
I would think it would actually be pretty hard to port UC2 over to the PC since the engine, UE 2.5, was specifically built to play real nice with the Xbox. Actually, once I popped the game in my 360 just to play around with it again and noticed that the graphics still actually hold up pretty darn good to this day.

StalwartUK

Feb 12, 2008
England
I would think it would actually be pretty hard to port UC2 over to the PC since the engine, UE 2.5, was specifically built to play real nice with the Xbox. Actually, once I popped the game in my 360 just to play around with it again and noticed that the graphics still actually hold up pretty darn good to this day.

I thought UC2's version of the engine was Unreal Engine 2.X (the X meaning Xbox I think).

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
UE2X was an enhanced version of UE2 that had better anti aliasing support and such for the Xbox. I'm pretty sure most of the UE2X enhancements made it in to UE2.5.

Raynor.Z

Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus
Feb 1, 2006
UE2X was more a spinoff version of UE2 that was optimized for Xbox hardware. It was logical step that UE2.5 inherited some of the UE2X features.

DeusIX

Engineer
Mar 22, 2009
Winland
I never played either of the UC's, but I love the UC2's theme. It feels much closer to the original U1 and UT1 than UT2 (or *ugh* UT3).

Reading forums about UC's was always fun as people were discovering stuff or porting stuff from the consoles to PC.

upk did a release of the UC2 characters to UT2 and that is something I need in my UT2 install. It really boosts the style of vanilla UT2 (more Techno-egyptians and less Gory-mutants).

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
I never played either of the UC's, but I love the UC2's theme. It feels much closer to the original U1 and UT1 than UT2 (or *ugh* UT3).

Reading forums about UC's was always fun as people were discovering stuff or porting stuff from the consoles to PC.

upk did a release of the UC2 characters to UT2 and that is something I need in my UT2 install. It really boosts the style of vanilla UT2 (more Techno-egyptians and less Gory-mutants).
If you're still looking for the characters, I can get you the file if you want.

DeusIX

Engineer
Mar 22, 2009
Winland
If you're still looking for the characters, I can get you the file if you want.

Thanks, but I have them. And I love them.

I would like to see UC2 weapons and the rest of the maps. Those Youtube videos isn't quite the same :/

Unfortunately I can't help with UC's at all (no xbox here), but I do have the equipment to do some map-walking in DC and PS2 UT's, so mappers may see how the console maps look (This I'll do once I have the time and HDD ;)).

[I should probably post about my UT2 ULTRAPACK. Some of you might find it interesting]

[HIC]Maniac_Killer

Jan 29, 2013
UC was basically Unreal Tournament 2003/2004 with no vehicles though.

UC2 was awesomely unique as it had melee kinda like that Chaos UT mod for UT99, the only thing was is you only had 2 weapons at a time max, kinda a downside if you ask me.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
So you're saying it was kinda like Halo 2 and up?

Not really. You had 3 weapons in total. One melee, one energy weapon, and one explosive weapon. The combat was much more fast-paced, you couldn't pick up any weapons, and the combat was much more intricate than the 'who can hit first' melee system of Halo plus each character had special moves they could activate at certain times. No vehicles.

[HIC]Maniac_Killer

Jan 29, 2013
So you're saying it was kinda like Halo 2 and up?

Naw halo is very slow paced compared to any unreal game. You can switch out weapons in game in halo while in UC2 you choose your weapons before the match. Your characters kinda had stats, i beleive 3 i don't quite remember.(Give me a reason to pull it out and have a couple frags) Overall just a completely different game then the rest of the unreal series.