RIAA goes after major threat to sales

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Flatliner

For you apes
Oct 15, 2001
Aus
Visit site
BangOut said:
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=sto...30909/ap_en_mu/downloading_music_11&printer=1

^ I grudgingly agreed with the RIAA trying to stop piracy until now. Now they are truly as evil as they appear.

If I was this kid, when they came to my house I would have pulled out a shotgun and been like "Yo my RIAA brother yo up for some dhort lead bro?" and railed as much ammo as possible into their head and then rip out their heart and kick it over my backyard fence.

Of course, I would blame this on GTA, which was a game that I wasnt even playing (I dont think) and mention something about bending over and a silver ring thing and hey hey a hoi, what do you know? I'm off free as ever with no so much as punishment but for a wet open palmed slap in the face.

Of course, being young I am too dumb to full well know that using a shotgun to shoot someone would kill them, let alone riping out their heart. But of course, I completely understood international copyright laws as at the age of 12 and had the intent of downloading music en mass in order to gain high amounts of illegal money by playing it in a 24 hour club under my bed in my room, where I was manufacturing highly refined speed and narcotics. Making a drug dealers wage, of course, I can bend over and fire money out muh blowhole to pay for any court case that comes my way. (Of course, remember that I'm 12). Mind you they cant nail me for the narcs and scag, because get this -IM 12!!!- but ****, I really didn't see the RIAA suing me, because I full well (being 12 and a rich pimp arse drug lord) knew and understood international copyright laws, So glad I am rich. All this and I still had the time to be an honour student (Oh yeah, that, those tests, I cheated on them too, being the miserable **** of a person that I am)

But I have learnt my lesson well and truly and will never download music ever again.

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
I understand people protecting hteir copyrights, however the means which the RIAA and other organizations have used to catch people and find files being shared is unconstitutional. They also exploit the DMCA which makes you guilty until proven innocent.

Dec 21, 2001
monotony
Visit site
Ulukai said:
I am sick of everything too.

i'm sick of this stupid new Unreal game. I'm sick of making maps. I'm sick of the stupid guy who sits next to me who drums on the desk and relates his sleazy 70s sex stories to me whether I want to hear them or not (I don't) I'm sick of hearing about 10gajillion kerbillion megaHERTZ fagshafter processers that run at -24342 degrees celcius and uisn't it like a cure for ****ing caner? (No) I'm sick of disgusting machine coffee. I'm sick of the headache I get if I don't drink it. I'm sick of religion and war and people who keep blowing other peoples brains out for no reason. I'm sick of pointless forum bickering about who has the largest coy carp collection. I'm sick of max snapping the wrong ****ing vertices to things and UVW maps and in fact 3D computer programsperiod. I'm sick of this crappy internet connection, and I'm sick of this country to which I pay taxes whcih they then use to do gawd knows what. I'm sick of being well qualified and badly paid. I'm sick of biting my tongue to keep the peace and I'm sick of this headache. I'm sick of the stale alcohol I can taste in the back of my mouth and I'm sick of this MP3 that has now looped about 10 times. I'm sick of not being able to see my family. I'm sick of the mentality in this country and I'm sick of footall. I'm sick of being given URLs to crappy art and bieng asked if I can you just do this for me no I CAN'T GO AWAY I'M BUSY. I'm sick of people passing me and asking me if I'm ok but only asking out of politeness and not because they really want to know YES I'M FINE THANKYOU (I always reply) I'm sick of not being able to have a private conversation with people I want to have private conversations with. I'm sick of having 'private' conversations that people are listening to. I'm sick of being polite. I'm sick of growing old. I'm sick of the implicatison of dating someone at work. I'm sick of older relatives telling sex jokes to me in front of my parents. I'm sick of sifting through 30 crappy American shows on 538 channels to find one good one. I'm sick of computer games and aliens and guns and anything with MP5s or REEKING CHEESE. I'm sick of m0tard hour in IRC which seems to have run straight for about 4326 hours now NO NOT LOL YOU FOUCKER. And animated gifs and other people's holiday photos and pictures of kittens (Oh how cute!) argh, no please go away with your wwacky kitten photos. And I'm sick of just general idiocy and people with a complete lack of common sense who can't seem to comprehend that you can't print to a laserjet with sheer force of will alone but I'M FINE I'M FINE and I'm staying calm and I'm dealing with it and then I'm putting down the phone, and I'm like DIE YOU ****ER and then it's all over and I get some more nasty coffee and try and do what I was suppossed to be doing which will involve like variables and arrays and **** but by then my train of thought is broken and I can't concentrate and hten It's time to go home but I don't go home because it's been such a ****ty day so I go down the pub and prop up the bar and then I nedd a TAXI because I'm had too much and I get the guy to stop at the supermarjket so I can get another SIX and I go home and I try and chill and relax and forget the SHEER FORCE OF WILL LASERJET PROBLEMS and othe rmore devious and cunning nasty little issues that people really just seem to conjure out of thin air to piss me off but I'm always polite and I'm asnwering the phone and I'm like asking how they are even though I don't really care and I don't have time beacsue there is like real work to do but I feel sorry for them I'll ask about the weather or their mood of how such and such is until they piss me off and then I'm like NO JUST NO and then I recall that I'm at home and i'm trying to relax so I have some more to drink and put on some music and smoke some inducing less and less coherency then it's like 1 am yes its illegal but what can you do and yo uhave to et up in the morning and my head will hurt again and it's a bit of a vicious circle really, and it just goes round and round and round unitl it's saturday and on saturday my brain finally stops going round and I can relax but it's like a shock and I'm like in bed until 2 or 4 or 5 pm from sheer exhaustion and then I'll go out and see some friends for just once in the week and i'm fine and I'm happy and I'm having a good time and i'm laughign and I'm charming and then it's sunday and I have a hangover and I'm in bed and then it's MONDAY ****ING MONDAY and I need to SHAVE and I cut myself with this stupid bluint razor and it starts again only maybe it will be a good week and I'll get things done and I'll be fine and chilled and on the ball and the third verse is the same as the first

but i still have my piano. I liek my piano, i'm not sick of my piano And it saves me and i feel better for having said all that becuase it's jus tthere and I've said it and it's released and it's good and tommorrow is a new day

oh my I wrote all that :eek:

Preach on Brother!
I wanted to type about the same tangent but I am so f u c k i n g sick of everything I couldnt get my self to do it.

Twrecks

Spectacularly Lucky
Mar 6, 2000
In Luxury
www.twrecks.info
Scare tactics.
Most places in the world the RIAA can suck hind titty, as most places in the US. The RIAA specifically targeted areas with legislation that supports their witch hunt. I all fairness, I'm convinced free e-music does hurt retail sales. PPL who abuse the file sharing system are to be blamed for this travesty. It introduces the notion of "Web Cops" that can actually fine ppl and collect money on those violations. It is truely a sad day when the average joe can get ticketted for using the internet improperly. If this can be viewed as profitable (ticketting ppl), Big Brother will be more of a reality very soon.

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
I am happy to buy a cd rather than spend 30 mins to download a single 30 min song on 56k (an entire album would take hours...) I prefer the higher quality anyways.
I just can't afford to buy cds because they are so ridiculously overpriced :con:

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Ulukai said:

i'm sick of this stupid new Unreal game. I'm sick of making maps. I'm sick of the stupid g

--znip--
me and i feel better for having said all that becuase it's jus tthere and I've said it and it's released and it's good and tommorrow is a new day

I am not alone :)
I luckily was able to fix almost all tech problems on the phone quickly till now. I still hate people calling me on the phone because of their pcs. recently I was asked a few times over phone if I couldnt organise pot for some people I know, FFS I am not a ****ing dealer!
the endless loop of school-weekend-school kills me. I am trying to brake this boring cycle, I am being funny as hell in school yet I am already tired and sleepy at 8:05 am. the entire enviroment seems to be build to **** with my mind till I fall asleep. I feel as if I am wasting my time. I feel as if I should do somethign useful, but I dont know why. give me a poem and I can tell you what its about, I can most probably even explain to you bits and tids about the historical background, I can calculate soem stuff in maths that I have no ****ing clue what it's of use. biology, heck, natrium and kalium pumps ffs! Cant school teach me "the good life". cant they help me to find my task? how I can pursue happiness? no, instead I am chained into line waitign to be pressed into a monstreous form called society just to tick like all those happy eggs in town. escapism : alcohol and eventually pot
at least I will have fall break in a few weeks :(

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
Ulukai said:

i'm sick of this stupid new Unreal game. I'm sick of making maps. I'm sick of the stupid guy who sits next to me who drums on the desk and relates his sleazy 70s sex stories to me whether I want to hear them or not (I don't) I'm sick of hearing about 10gajillion kerbillion megaHERTZ fagshafter processers that run at -24342 degrees celcius and uisn't it like a cure for ****ing caner? (No) I'm sick of disgusting machine coffee. I'm sick of the headache I get if I don't drink it. I'm sick of religion and war and people who keep blowing other peoples brains out for no reason. I'm sick of pointless forum bickering about who has the largest coy carp collection. I'm sick of max snapping the wrong ****ing vertices to things and UVW maps and in fact 3D computer programsperiod. I'm sick of this crappy internet connection, and I'm sick of this country to which I pay taxes whcih they then use to do gawd knows what. I'm sick of being well qualified and badly paid. I'm sick of biting my tongue to keep the peace and I'm sick of this headache. I'm sick of the stale alcohol I can taste in the back of my mouth and I'm sick of this MP3 that has now looped about 10 times. I'm sick of not being able to see my family. I'm sick of the mentality in this country and I'm sick of footall. I'm sick of being given URLs to crappy art and bieng asked if I can you just do this for me no I CAN'T GO AWAY I'M BUSY. I'm sick of people passing me and asking me if I'm ok but only asking out of politeness and not because they really want to know YES I'M FINE THANKYOU (I always reply) I'm sick of not being able to have a private conversation with people I want to have private conversations with. I'm sick of having 'private' conversations that people are listening to. I'm sick of being polite. I'm sick of growing old. I'm sick of the implicatison of dating someone at work. I'm sick of older relatives telling sex jokes to me in front of my parents. I'm sick of sifting through 30 crappy American shows on 538 channels to find one good one. I'm sick of computer games and aliens and guns and anything with MP5s or REEKING CHEESE. I'm sick of m0tard hour in IRC which seems to have run straight for about 4326 hours now NO NOT LOL YOU FOUCKER. And animated gifs and other people's holiday photos and pictures of kittens (Oh how cute!) argh, no please go away with your wwacky kitten photos. And I'm sick of just general idiocy and people with a complete lack of common sense who can't seem to comprehend that you can't print to a laserjet with sheer force of will alone but I'M FINE I'M FINE and I'm staying calm and I'm dealing with it and then I'm putting down the phone, and I'm like DIE YOU ****ER and then it's all over and I get some more nasty coffee and try and do what I was suppossed to be doing which will involve like variables and arrays and **** but by then my train of thought is broken and I can't concentrate and hten It's time to go home but I don't go home because it's been such a ****ty day so I go down the pub and prop up the bar and then I nedd a TAXI because I'm had too much and I get the guy to stop at the supermarjket so I can get another SIX and I go home and I try and chill and relax and forget the SHEER FORCE OF WILL LASERJET PROBLEMS and othe rmore devious and cunning nasty little issues that people really just seem to conjure out of thin air to piss me off but I'm always polite and I'm asnwering the phone and I'm like asking how they are even though I don't really care and I don't have time beacsue there is like real work to do but I feel sorry for them I'll ask about the weather or their mood of how such and such is until they piss me off and then I'm like NO JUST NO and then I recall that I'm at home and i'm trying to relax so I have some more to drink and put on some music and smoke some inducing less and less coherency then it's like 1 am yes its illegal but what can you do and yo uhave to et up in the morning and my head will hurt again and it's a bit of a vicious circle really, and it just goes round and round and round unitl it's saturday and on saturday my brain finally stops going round and I can relax but it's like a shock and I'm like in bed until 2 or 4 or 5 pm from sheer exhaustion and then I'll go out and see some friends for just once in the week and i'm fine and I'm happy and I'm having a good time and i'm laughign and I'm charming and then it's sunday and I have a hangover and I'm in bed and then it's MONDAY ****ING MONDAY and I need to SHAVE and I cut myself with this stupid bluint razor and it starts again only maybe it will be a good week and I'll get things done and I'll be fine and chilled and on the ball and the third verse is the same as the first

but i still have my piano. I liek my piano, i'm not sick of my piano And it saves me and i feel better for having said all that becuase it's jus tthere and I've said it and it's released and it's good and tommorrow is a new day

Is there anything left in life?
At least there are still women. :)

Ulukai

May 2, 2000
Hmm, seems I was a tad wasted last time I posted here
angel.gif

Stilgar said:
My saviour came in the form of Milo binges o_o

What the hell is a Milo binge, tho'?

Stilgar

Ninja
Dec 20, 1999
Toitle
Visit site
A "milo binge" is when I indulge in a lot of milo (hot malt drink, dunno if you've heard of it?) to stave off the coffee cravings. Just the repetitive act of making the drink up, boiling the kettle, and then having a hot drink to hold made it easier for me to avoid coffee.

Last edited: