New level CTF-Frostburn

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Lord Dill

Jul 25, 2001
Visit site
Im glad my new map is under 600 k now :)
I can POST IT!!!

I made a new level that has some falling snow in it, FALLING SNOW!!!!! It looks odd at times but in the heat of battle you won't notice a thing... except that its hard to see across a snowy battlefield. could use some feed back :) Should i add thigh pads, some more health vials? can you find the shield belt, the bots can!

Last edited:

Shin

Ethical Illusionz
Aug 29, 2001
Behind my desk
www.ioerror.co.uk
LMAO just sheets, muhaha man that is awesome 4 real!!! ;)

But my suggestion, place a couple more sheets outside so it looks ever more realistic...

Map is kewl, and yeah place more health cus i couldnt find any at alll :p

Keep up the good work

Lord Dill

Jul 25, 2001
Visit site
wow, so many replies in such a short time :D and all for the snow, i don't know why someone hasn't done it yet?

As for the snow, yes it is just a bunch of sheets running along the walls and off the roofs. plus one on the top and one on the ground....

Shin: The sheet on the ground has to stay, if its not there you can see all the other sheet edges.... and trust me it looks like S*%! Im thinking of adding more sheets to make it not seem so empty in the middle but then it will be even harder to see :(

I thought of making horizontal sheets and turning them into movers but i thought it would be too much work... Im not to good with movers either. but a snow generator would be the best bet :)

Lord Dill

Jul 25, 2001
Visit site
Any other things i could do to make the level better?

And i have a burning question that has been killing me for months... WHAT is the trick to alt paths???

Here is what i know. The bot spawns and randomly picks and alt path to go to. After he reaches the alt path he goes for the flag.

Here is my problem, the bots only pick the 2 routes without the lifts??? it seems they don't want attack with any path using a lift.. and all my lifts are tagged correctly. the defenders do use the lifts to get around the base and to case the flag carrier.
Ive even deleted all my alt paths and just made 2, the top entrance and bottom entrance of the enemies base... and guess what... they ONLY go the bottom way...

what am i doing wrong, how do you get them to go to the alt path? the path selection wieght has no effect for me either

Luggage

wins.
Apr 25, 2001
Germany
www.planetunreal.com
Maybe?

Havent looked at the map, but it may be caused by the AltPaths' SelectionWeight: The higher this value, the more probable the bots will use it. If you have a short and a long path, set the longer path SelectionWeight higher than the shorter path's. This usually requires intensive tweaking...

Cheers, Luggage