CTF-Stratus Released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Bazzwano has released CTF-Stratus for Unreal Tournament 3. Stuffed with 18300 assets, this one appears to look every bit as visually appealing as his two outstanding remakes for UT3, CTF-Dreary3 and CTF-Safeguard3. A bit about the level in the author's own words:

I also wanted to create a CTF level with a Unique Z axis feel. I wanted to bring the level alive with allot of moving parts and alot of sounds.

This map has powerups that are on a timer which spawns when the teams flag has been in the base stand 60 seconds, rewarding the team who defends well. Each base is equal. This adds a new dynamic to the way the player would normally play the map. The player can now time the capture, choosing weather or not to risk taking these powerups at the cost of possibly making the flag run harder for the flag carrier. Elevators also indicate the floor level.

xear0

Jan 30, 2009
god I HATE those industrial metallic textures that are used in 90% of ut3 custom maps. Not interested in this map. NEXT

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
yo dude the map sux b/c its industrial not egyptian for the 100000th time :crysmile:

Sometimes I just dream about the Internets to have an anti-idiot system, that'd be nice. Bazzwano spent months to make this wonder, so get some balls and try it out.

Last edited:

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
Sure it's a lot of stock content there but I give props to Bazzwano for assembling it the way he did.

UT 3 is like a box of legos the pieces are the same every time you open the box, how you put them together is what counts.

Some people are really talented and have time to make all new content but a lot of people are talented in their own right to morph the shipped content into to new and interesting designs.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
god I HATE those industrial metallic textures that are used in 90% of ut3 custom maps. Not interested in this map. NEXT

Me too... Anything more original please...

Can't someone ban them? No big lost, especially GreatEmertard. Many thanks.

He's pissed cause again, it's not egyptian.

Or Unreal 2. :lol:

I hate the internet.

I don't hate the Internet, I hate dumb people.

Bazzwano: Don't listen the trolls. You've done a very nice retail job at this, and you're more likely going to get the money for all the hours and hours spend into it.

Good luck. :)

Last edited:

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
I'm not going to lie, this looks nice. The layout looks smooth, and apparently these guys don't understand how much work went into it. Good job bazz.

Egyptian themes never really appealed to me in the Unreal universe either.

Sci-fi for the win!

Bazzwano

Hi, I'm Bryan
Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
Bazzwano: Don't listen the trolls. You've done a very nice retail job at this, and you're more likely going to get the money for all the hours and hours spend into it.

Good luck. :)

Lol Kantham I love you Avatar hahahaha. Im not worryed, Im happy with my map and many like it, thats all that matters. :)

xear0

Jan 30, 2009
I'm not being a troll or bashing his work. I'm just stating the fact that I figured since this game has been out for 2+ years, people would take the time to be more original by now and put more thought into their content. I appreciate things that stand out. Things that gives a user an idea of the artist's creativity and personality from their work. Not something I've seen over and over again. Maybe I overreacted a little or maybe someone can explain to me why this map was front page news when there are tons of other maps that deserve that spot a lot more.

My $0.02 :rolleyes:

Ban me if you want, doesn't bother me if you feel butt hurt.

Last edited:

cosmix

XoXo
May 20, 2006
Germany
I like the way you build up the map. Alway near and with direct feedback from the community. :2thumb: You showed your progress of work from the very first beginning. Maybe you can post these steps in a little tutorial in form of a diary?
Of course this theme has been seen 1000 times before but I really like your version. Everythink fits perfect together. It looks like an Epic map or even better. I am looking forward for some more (different themed) maps from you. Maybe WAR or VCTF? Good work!

Me too... Anything more original please...

This is a a little bit rude, isn't it? If you dont like the map you can post that but with some more respect of his work. Any criticism should be start with some positive aspects and I am sure you will find some. Come on guys, please... :)