CTF-Esprit is da bomb

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Lübbi

Dec 23, 1999
Germany
Visit site
I d/led this map today from Nali City, and I must say, I am impressed. Layout is decent; every team starts in a temple/church thing, complete with bell that can be shot and church-like windows! Assaulting those bases can be tricky, but if you are good with the translocator, you can access the base thru the backdoor (shooting the locator thru a window). Bot-AI is decent, really impressed me sometimes. A good idea is that the bases are seperated by another building, a Colloseum, between them. It features some weapons and one armor per team (doors can only be accessed by matching teams), and the only chance to heal yourself (except for the Big Keg o' Health). The idea behind the health is that you have two puddles with teamcolors; your colour heals you, the other damages you. Cool!

If you haven't played it yet, download this map now! And HallofGiants, while you are at it /~unreal/ubb/html/biggrin.gif

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Yeah, that's a remake of an old RealCTF map for Unreal. It's great isn't it?

Check out the thread: What is a good ctf rotation - I listed it as one of the better ones in my opinion.

Feb 3, 2010
really old thread but this map was great. one of my favourites certainly.

esprit.jpg

ctf-esprit.jpg

:)

alex904

Feb 24, 2006
Blast from the past. Just looking at screenshots giving me goosebumps. That was unlikely map where our clan could beat very strong and more experienced team, but we did and took #1 spot on the ladder... Oh man. Map was indeed bitch to run flag, but very fun to play in LowG with boosting.

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
This brings me back several years ago, played so many botmatches on this one, the great thing is that you could fill it with bots and get a lot of funs with that central redeemer.

edit : hmm, i may mistake the location of the redeemer, as i have memories of the rocketlauncher too there.

Last edited: