Killer is Dead( x360&ps3)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
http://www.loveandkill.com/

K.I.D. is the latest game by the Japanese game designer who calls himself Suda51 (no more heroes, lollipop chainsaw, shadows of the damned, killer7 etc.). Suda has a kind of cult status, despite most of his games being immature, childish and not being technically perfect.

KID is a cel-shaded hack and slay. You play Mondo Zappa a government employed executioner of technologically altered people who have become insane. Your tools of trade is the legendary Katana Gekkou and your robotized right arm aka 'muscleback'. Muscleback is like a platform for your subweapons of which you start out with the ability to shoot bullets. You fight yourself through your contracts(episodes), get side quests and you have to unleash the gigolo in yourself(well, its a Suda game, do you think it's complete without any perviness? have you seen lollipop chainsaw?!?!).
You earn money for completing missions which you can spend on gifts for your love affairs(and in return get subweapons and stuff), you collect crystals to upgrade your skills.

pros: Boss fights are awesome, quite a few diverse fighting mechanics that make you feel very powerful, very unique style, fights are extremely fast IF you know what you're doing, KrazyCrazy japanese Humor(I hope it's ment to be funny), great character/level designs

cons: skill tree is simple just like most suda games, combos are not as diverse as in say Devil May Cry or Ninja Gaiden1+2, normal enemies are pretty weak until well late in the game, the game is less clunky than no more heroes yet every now and then you get that mushy feeling

my suggestion: rent before you buy if you've never played a game by Suda before. At least if you're intrigued by what I had to say.