How do I take a screeny of Ued?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

lycrake

Jul 7, 2001
UK
lycrake.cjb.net
easy

im no pro at Ued, but this technique works for everything. If you have a normal keyboard (i.e with a numpad) then you will notice a button labeled "print screen" directly above the Insert key (that it situated on the right of the keyboard in a group of six, u can't miss it haha.) Whenever you press this it literally saves the current screen onto the clipboard, so you can paste it into your image editor. This is useful for as u say posting screenies and making some wicked backgrounds quickly, heh, hope that helps

Lataz

LyCrAkE

Lodev

Sep 3, 2000
Belgium
for some reason, I can't past such images into PhotoShop, only in PSP

Is my PhotoShop broken, or is it just "suckass"? :)

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
Originally posted by Lode
for some reason, I can't past such images into PhotoShop, only in PSP

Is my PhotoShop broken, or is it just "suckass"? :)
Lode just tried it out in PhotoShop 5.5....
It works for me must be your version or soemthing.

Stryker8

Jan 26, 2000
is there a way to get a picture of the viewport only?
like in ut?
or do i have to adjust the viewports, full screen and then prnt screen again?

lycrake

Jul 7, 2001
UK
lycrake.cjb.net
well, you can just take a screen grab using print screen, paste it in PSP 5.5, 6 whatever. Select the area of the screen you want as the final image and then goto Image/Crop (i think its that, i know its the crop command) and this takes that area and pastes it as a new image. Kool eh? Theres also a crop tool which does this as well, easy when you know how. Tell me how u get on, lataz

LyCrAkE

Stryker8

Jan 26, 2000
yeah, but quality sucks
and i want a full screen picture
and i don't wanne go into ut to take a bloody pic

smally

Jan 30, 2000
Weaverville, NC USA
Visit site
TTR: Ued has a button down at the bottom right of the screen (near the vertex-snap button). This button will toggle your viewports into full screen. Just make sure the 3d view is the active viewport (just click on it) and then hit this button and you will get a full-screen of the 3d view. So then all you gotta do is hit your printscreen. I like using the fullscreen size 3d view to do texturing too. :)

Mr Roboto

Jul 6, 2001
Canada eh!
Visit site
There's a neat little utility program called Snagit. You can set this program to capture the whole screen or just the active window etc. You can find it on one of the major download sites.