scale static meshes?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

supersuf

Jul 17, 2005
Leiden, the Nederlands
Hi, I'm still verry unexperienced in using UED3.0. I wonder if it is good to scale a static mesh? When I do, the texture of the mesh will also be scaled. Is there a way to prevent this or to undo this?

Maybe I can make my own static meshes but I really don't know how. Are there anny progams to do this? I know it is even before mapmaking-basics but I do'nt know where and how to start!
Thanks a lot, Supersuf

Angel_Mapper

Goooooooats
Jun 17, 2001
Cape Suzette
www.angelmapper.com
Yes, there's nothing wrong with scaling them, although it does scale the texture like you mentioned. If it gets too bad you can use a TexScaler to make it look better (search the Unreal Wiki or UDN for info about that).

Twrecks

Spectacularly Lucky
Mar 6, 2000
In Luxury
www.twrecks.info
You can reassign the texture as well under "skins". For meshes that use more than one texture each one will have its own "slot".
Scale away, and try negative numbers to mirror :)

ReD_Fist

Sep 6, 2004
Michigan
Making the mesh, you just right click a finished textured ADD brush, hit "polys to brush" then hit "transform permanently", on the red working brush,then "convert" convert to mesh, and save in "mylevel" no group name and then your new mesh name.

Then the collision , collision can be like the triangles or a more blocky style, but look in the staticmesh browser under mylevel and youl see some collision stuff after.

Last edited:

supersuf

Jul 17, 2005
Leiden, the Nederlands
Maya Learning tool key not avaleble, installed Maya 7

I tried to install Maya 5.0 from the UT dvd but during the instalation, it says that there is no longer a key avaleble. So I downloaded en installed Maya 7 but now the plugin does not work. How to proceed?

sandorski

Sep 22, 1999
coquitlam, bc, Canada
Visit site
supersuf said:
I tried to install Maya 5.0 from the UT dvd but during the instalation, it says that there is no longer a key avaleble. So I downloaded en installed Maya 7 but now the plugin does not work. How to proceed?

XSI Modtool similar to Maya 5 PLE, but for a different Modelling/Animation package(XSI SoftImage). Has plugin for UEd 3 as well.