BeyondUnreal ut2003 video

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

WebSlinger

bNotNegative != False
Feb 29, 2000
Oklahoma City, OK
heya pakman, welcome to BuF :wavey: ...

Now, here at BuF when someone says something that is wrong, we usually make an attempt to SHOW them the correction rather than just accusing them of outright lying or something along those lines :)

So, if you have something to contribute, perhaps other readers here would like to know how to do what it is he says can't be done :)

again, welcome, and enjoy your stay :)

No, I don't usually end every sentence with a smiley :) ... arg, I did it again :)

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
LOL Webby, I just noticed the comment under your name. "Dr. Webslinger" - looks like I created a monster! :lol:

Pakman - I'm have absolutely no knowledge on the subject, so please explain how he is wrong. I'm one of those techincal n00bs that's trying to learn, but making a comment without an explanation is not of any help.

BTW, Brizz is usually pretty knowledgable in tech issues, and he's a pretty swell guy. He's usually right on the money, but will admittedly be wrong from time to time. If he is wrong, show him why. He'll probably say "thanks for the enlightenment" and admit he's wrong. However, just bashing his comment with no explanation as to why will only cause him to stand by his previous statement.

Anyhow, welcome. We have a great community here. Just don't pet TWD - he bites.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
awh...don't listen to him!

Actually in the newer version of ttm you can get rid of the timer and everything else for that matter. If the server has options enforced that means the server admin is an idiot, and doesn't know what he's doing. TTM is a good thing because some of us actually like the options and for those that don't you just turn it off.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Most TTM server admins are idiots...well the ones I have played on :p

yah pakman...thanks for that enlightening bit of information...whether you are right or wrong we may never know.

pakman

The TTM guy
Jul 17, 2000
Moscow, Russia
www.planetunreal.com
WebSlinger said:
So, if you have something to contribute, perhaps other readers here would like to know how to do what it is he says can't be done :)

If you or any other reader needs any info on TTM, feel free to come by TTM's site. TTM's readme can also be of help to those interested.

WebSlinger said:
Statement I quoted one post above doesn't says "something can't be done". Instead, it says that number of settings (some of which aren't even TTM's settings) doesn't has any effect on actual expirience from the game/mod. I have some reasons to believe it has nothing to do with reality.

Oh, and a smiley in return -- :)

Last edited:

pakman

The TTM guy
Jul 17, 2000
Moscow, Russia
www.planetunreal.com
Renegade Retard said:
Pakman - I'm have absolutely no knowledge on the subject, so please explain how he is wrong.
Ok, let's see.

TTM has some menu which you pop up by pressing F7 or typing "menu" in the console. Submenus are player-side settings, server-side settings and some others. To enter server-side settings menu you have to enter admin password first. Player-side settings have effect only on your machine, server-side settings are for the server :).

Quoted statement:
the timer is always there even if you try to turn it off, all the server side settings can't be changed and this INCLUDES your crosshair, your hud size, you detail settings (on some maps) et al.

1. the timer is always there even if you try to turn it off ---> Works fine for me and other users of TTM servers (25-30% of all UT2003 servers, I must add)

2. the timer is always there even if you try to turn it off ---> Works fine for me and other users of TTM servers

3. and this INCLUDES your crosshair --> (a) TTM's crosshair setting isn't server-side one and (b) it works fine for me and other users of TTM servers

4. your hud size ---> (a) Isn't server-side setting and (b) it works fine for me and other users of TTM servers

5. you detail settings ---> TTM just hasn't any special settings for world/players details. All of those settings are in UT2003 as it is even without TTM.

I have bug-reports forum for TTM and, surely, it isn't empty. There are some bugs in TTM, though I hope we leave less and less in every new release. IF you know any 500k-sized (source code) project without any bugs at all, please let me know. That should be first one I heard of.

I admit we had some issues with crosshair setting and HUD size in earlier versions, though it it's not problems of the "It can't be changed" kind.

Finally, I assure you that any person who writes nicely put question on TTM's forum or directly to me (pakman@mail.ru) gets nicely put answer pretty fast. Also, I read ina-community.com/forums from time to time and try to help those having any kind of problems running TTM servers on playing on'em. I suppose if quoted statement was put in more decent fashion, that person could even get some help pretty fast.

Renegade Retard said:
Anyhow, welcome. We have a great community here. Just don't pet TWD - he bites.

Last edited:

pakman

The TTM guy
Jul 17, 2000
Moscow, Russia
www.planetunreal.com
TWD said:
awh...don't listen to him!

Actually in the newer version of ttm you can get rid of the timer and everything else for that matter. If the server has options enforced that means the server admin is an idiot, and doesn't know what he's doing. TTM is a good thing because some of us actually like the options and for those that don't you just turn it off.

TTM's configurability indeed improves over time. v1 was released very fast (1 month after UT2003 release) and it's features weren't as configurable as I'd love to see'em. I don't feel very happy about the fact v1's brightskins forced everyone to use them if they were enabled server-side, same goes for hitsounds.

We did quite a lot of work to add as much configurability as it has sence in v2 and v2.2 is pretty stable while having all configurability posibilities of v2.

If you know some admin running TTM server, urge him to move to v2.2 or wait a week until we release v2.3, probably final v2.*. It should improve playing experience of the users of that server pretty much.

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
For those of you who don't feel like doing a whole lot of reading, or haven't figured it out on your own, pakman is on the TTM team.

He was just saying that what Brizz was saying is false, just being a little "witty" about it, though he was right. The clock know has a pull down menu player side, that has options for location which include not on your hud.

Hud size I've never seen ditatable server side, and I know because my scale has been custom since day 1. So unless it was a bug I never saw...

The crosshairs got fixed I believe in 2.2, another thing I know because after the "customcrosshairs patch", I was boycotting TTM servers until they fixed it, and now, I don't think it matter what I set the "TTM Crosshair" to, my customs overwrite that setting.

After that mother of all thread hijacks, Webby, I don't blame you for not wanting much installed on the server, and we were talkin' about making a video?....

Really wish you guys would play on random weekdays, or later on Fridays... working nights makes it tough for me to participate.

WebSlinger

bNotNegative != False
Feb 29, 2000
Oklahoma City, OK
thanks pakman!

AEnubis, I'm toying around with the idea of opening my server for Noon (CST) DM. We used to get a pretty good group in the UT99 days.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Perhaps it is the fact that 20-30% of the TTM servers never get updated so always have the same buigs in them.

Most of my statements are from one server I joined where I couldn't change my crosshair to my custom crosshairs, and the HUD was about 50% smaller than what I used, and none of the settings in F7 would change it. I know that TTM has gotten alot better, I just don't like it.

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
AEnubis,

Give us a day or so heads up on when you can play during the week, and some of us will try to be there, I'm sure. If it's during the day, then I'm out, but evenings in middle of the week I'm game.

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
Most of my days off get owned by mom, or some friend who needs a favor, but I'm hoping to be doing less ('cause I need to save money) in the near future, and will try to spend more time in front of this thing again (like the 30 hrs I used to put into UT a week). Other prob though is my days off change. This week it's mon/wed, and I think I've got plans on monday. Hopefully my days off will get more consistant in the future, but only time will tell.

Noon 'till when is the question. I'd fav it for sure, but I'm almost always asleep @noon. I may be likely to play some before work, which is usually around 5, and for sure after from around 1-6. Most people think working swing shift is weird, but someone has to do it.

TheGunkster

[Ci]Gunker
Sep 26, 2000
somewhere in Minnesota
The traditional noon dm usually would run from 12-1 cst (lunch break + boss who plays ut with him :p) but other than that its shut down during working hours, since its used for business :)

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
We should really do that timestamp mutator.

I'd really like to start fraping these things but unfortunatly I"m behind a firewall and such so I wouldn't be able to give it to you. I've already mentioned a few shots that were great of mine if someone will fraps those that would be great and then I'll go through and find more shots from everyone that are all great and stuff.

A few things we need to decide on right now is
What size etc should we encode everything to
What music we gonna stick in it?

DaBeatard

Mr.How
Nov 20, 2002
Visit site
np on the dl.
TWD has asked some very good questions. What format/codec and size do the videos to be edited together get captured at? This definitely needs to be answered. Also, do we eliminate the hud and crosshairs etc for czpture?
More importantly, who is going to edit this together? That person should probably choose the format.
Also, if I decide to submit anything for this, it most likely will not be some crazy shot from a FragBU. I've seen enough 'trick shots' and 'trick jumps' to be bored to death with them. If I submit something it will be a scripted sequence like that 'Attack the Alpha' video was.
Sound effects and music I can help with.