General protection faults won't stop.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The Necromancer

Mar 18, 2000
Visit site
It started a couple of months ago and i have tried to reinstall a couple of time but these protection faults keep coming up about different things mostly starting with History: UGlideRenderDevice (some times UGlideRenderDevice).

[LCX]SHOCKER

May 3, 2000
Visit site
The same thing happened to me. I am re-installing my computer right now to see if UT will work. I just got it cleaned out. If UT doesn't work, I will go insane.

Jared

May 3, 2000
Visit site
happening here too. I hate it. I haven't gotten the game to work right since I bought it. I'm trying to get some help, but I don't know if anybody knows what to do.

Nevar

Feb 7, 2000
Visit site
Had this error till I installed 413 patch.
Don't go with 413 if you have a minimal install of UT.

[This message has been edited by Nevar (edited 05-07-2000).]

trickypuss

May 10, 2000
Visit site
I've been having the same problems. At first everything ran fine, but then progressively got worse with more and more severe lockups as well as uncountable general protection faults related to glide and textures. If anyone comes up with a reason for this, I'm dying to find out.

Oh yeah, 413 patch didn't help - in fact I've always been running it since I got onboard with UT later than most.

[This message has been edited by trickypuss (edited 05-10-2000).]

FAH-Q

May 11, 2000
sydney, nsw, australia
Visit site
I just installed UT, and each time i try to run it i get a GENERAL PROTECTION FAULT, with all this other **** coming up as well.
I really wanna start kicking some *** in UT... someone please help me with this problem, and it will mostly appreciated! Thank You in advance!

bullet2.gif

FAH-Q