A few questions about installing mods/skins/models

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

KazieKama

Mar 27, 2009
Hello there,

I was just wondering about installing new skins/models etc. Can anyone tell me 1) Where the different file extensions go, i.e. .upk goes into one folder, .u into another, etc. Also, 2) Do I have to use the my games folder under my documents, or can I put them in the game install directory?

Thank you for your time.

P.S. Oh, one more thing, is there any way for my friend to choose which character to play as during the co-op campaign, or is it just set at default. She wants to play as Jester, but it keeps putting her in Othellos role.

Again, thank you.

«MechikTaj»

lolol First blood betrayals
Hi there,

I believe all those things should be installed in the My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC directory.

Some things I've downloaded install the .U and .UPK files in their own folders... Just check the readme files for whatever it is you downloaded. :)

And no, I don't think it's possible to choose which character you play as in the Campaign.

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
1) There are no folders for a specific file extension... For instance, mutators and .u files go under Script folder, but you might find .ini's and .upk's aswell... ;) Instalation folders of custom content are always listed in their readme files so there should not be any problem... :)
Subfolders are supported afaik. I normally use a subfolder for every custom map, so they're easier to uninstall and you always know which map is using this or that .upk file... ;)